EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 5 released

Leon

• Administrators

if your laptop isent there, it just means, that none of the Elites or Betas have one so that we can certify it.. :)

If you happend to have one, and have time for a chat on msn/skype, then you can help us certify your model also..

and yes.. the nvidia is better than the intel version...

Eeeep, I musta done something wrong... I tried updating my D420 to 10.6.6 prior to installing Chameleon v2.0-RC5 R665 and EDP v1.5 RC5 and it installed, rebooted, and now I'm getting kernel panic :( Going to look into fixing it tomorrow night but if anyone has any pointers please let me know :)

Error: "panic(cpu 0 called 0x2ab790): "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.26/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:707"

supplemental.zipInstalled edp 1.5 rc5 / Chameleon v2.0-RC5 R665 / 10.6.6 and ran testing. (Please note these are the results for the D630 X3100 with A17 bios)

-audio lag especially off the top menu bar volume set and no microphone support. HOWEVER the voodooHDA I supplied in other thread (see kext development) caused garbled audio on wake from sleep. So it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. I guess it depends on which is more important ie mic support or sleep.

- no speedstep since apple power management is disabled ( as mentioned in edp install) However speedstep works with voodoopower.kext that I posted in kext thread.

- system wakes from sleep after 10 seconds without touching the system. Not sure if this is because of 10.6.6 update or some other problem.

- long restarts from osx before post appears. Very strange behaviour waiting for the system to post. 10-15 seconds of dead time. This has been happening before the latest edp however.

- usb still doesn't work after wake from sleep.

- battery shows 99% charge and 20 mins to complete but never fully charges.

Those are all the known issues to date. Hope it helps everyone.

update: Erroneous battery status fixed by using VoodooBattery from previous edp.

Here are all the kexts that I feel give the BEST tradeoff for the D630 X3100. This would assume that mic is more important than sleep if not then don't install the VoodooHDA and take sleep as being more important than mic.

supplemental.zip

• Administrators

Eeeep, I musta done something wrong... I tried updating my D420 to 10.6.6 prior to installing Chameleon v2.0-RC5 R665 and EDP v1.5 RC5 and it installed, rebooted, and now I'm getting kernel panic :( Going to look into fixing it tomorrow night but if anyone has any pointers please let me know :)

Error: "panic(cpu 0 called 0x2ab790): "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.26/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:707"

When you see the chameleon loader, press arrow down to boot verbose and write

-x

then when you come in, do a new build via edptool...

When you see the chameleon loader, press arrow down to boot verbose and write

-x

then when you come in, do a new build via edptool...

Thanks Leon. Unfortunately I still seem to get a kernel panic when booting with -x. Any other ideas? At work now but will do some research on my own later to see what I may have done wrong.

Thanks

• Like 1