EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 5 released

Leon

Thanks Leon. Unfortunately I still seem to get a kernel panic when booting with -x. Any other ideas? At work now but will do some research on my own later to see what I may have done wrong.

Thanks

at the chameleon screen type these options

-s -v -x

then if it boots run Leon's magic

cd /Extra

./edptool.command

I would recommend you choose to disable Apple's power management too.

Can you try and take the dsdt.aml from the d8x0 model and test that.. i have a feeling it might solve alot of your problems...

That's a no go. Waiting for boot volume ... forever and ever.

Any idea why it's waking on it's own? It's almost like it's really not going into deep sleep ... trying to switch something off and when it can't waking up.

edit: bingo .. found the bad child that doesn't like to go to sleep and it's name is bluetooth. I removed the bt module and it totally solved the waking from sleep. Just not sure how I can fix that since I really like having bt on my system,

at the chameleon screen type these options

-s -v -x

then if it boots run Leon's magic

cd /Extra

./edptool.command

I would recommend you choose to disable Apple's power management too.

Hi Thund3rbolt. I tried that but unfortunately it still did not boot. I'm not sure but it does seem to be something to do with power management...?

I've attached the error that I am receiving.

If you'd prefer that I make a thread elsewhere to troubleshoot this I can as I realize that this isn't the appropriate thread. Just let me know...

post-22-009982200 1294681719.jpg

Hi Thund3rbolt. I tried that but unfortunately it still did not boot. I'm not sure but it does seem to be something to do with power management...?

I've attached the error that I am receiving.

If you'd prefer that I make a thread elsewhere to troubleshoot this I can as I realize that this isn't the appropriate thread. Just let me know...

It looks like apple's power management to me. You tried adding pmVersion=21 to the boot string?

It looks like apple's power management to me. You tried adding pmVersion=21 to the boot string?

That seemed to work :) Thanks Thund3rbolt! Going to try to figure out how to upgrade to Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r665 and then install RDP v1.5 RC5.

Thanks again.

Hey Leon... interesting stuff I found.

If I put the system to sleep the bt flashes after 10-15 secs and wakes up the system. I noticed that allow bluetooth to wake system is greyed in "advanced bt setting". So I trashed the com.apple.bluetooth.plist .. no change. I again put the system to sleep and it re-awoke in 15 secs as before with the prompt to input system pass. I just left it sittng there for 2 mins and low and behold it went to sleep after the prompt for system pass. deep sleep slow pulsing. Forced an awake no usb as per.

I then removed the system pass, rebooted, put the system to sleep, left it 15 secs it re-awoke. However ... the usb mouse was working when it woke itself. So no deep sleep but no dead usb on wake.

what do u think?I'm going to remove the bt and try putting the system to sleep without a system pass to see what happens.

do you have "wake on usb" enabled in bios ?

I don't see it as an option in the bios.maybe I'm missing it .. what menu should it be under?

edit: I found the wake on usb under power management. It's currently set to off which I'm assuming it should be.

edit: Well I'll be a Monkey's uncle! The system deep slow sleeps without a system pass, wakes up AND usb is fully hot and working .. just as long as there's no bt installed. So .. now I'm asking myself just how important is that bt adapter.. wanna buy it? lol!