EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 5 released

Leon

As i'm the owner of 620 with GMA 950 i wanted to inform that its not booting when powerpack is installed. Its booting only via flash. Don't know how, but powerpack ruins booting operation. If i uninstall is everything is ok.

But tell me, i thought that Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r665.pkg.zip is for booting, and Extra.zip its just some drivers. How drivers can ruin booting procedure? Or i don't understand smth?

One thing you have to understand is Apple has made it's operating system in a way that when you take you machine and open it all of the drivers are pre-loaded. Windows uses a base system which works with everything and then you start installing software but apple has a few computers so less drivers which means they can install ALL of the drivers even if you don't need some.

This is so every computer is supported. Eg. You can buy a OSX 10.6 DVD and install it and have a working system without the aid of internet. Windows can do this to some extent. But there are far too many drivers to include to a single cd.

Thats how i've understood how things work with Macs. Might have the wrong idea though since i havent really gone into details.

M:

• Administrators

Mikk, you are 100% correct :)

Vorob, Please boot in verbose with the powerpack, and send a good quality screen shoot of the error.. that will help us troubleshoot the issue.

Found how i can do this. But, lol, its not failing anymore. Maybe its because of update 10.6.0 >> 10.6.6. or maybe smth else. I don't know.

But i have this weird sign when os loads:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5020311/IMAG0578.jpg

Any way to have boot log? Just to check is everything is ok? Maybe OS loads with tons of errors which i'm not aware of?

I'm running RC5/10.6.6 on an Intel D620 and it seems to be working fine. (RC4 died on boot).

Sleep and DVD are both working.

My one problem is with accidentally touching the trackpad while typing and moving the insertion point.

Right now I've selected VoodooPS2controller, but I had the same problem previously with the Apple PS2controller. With Voodoo there are some trackpad options in the universal preference but not previously with the straight PS2. Still I don't see a trackpad in "about this Mac" and the trackpad preference menu is empty.

Apparently the usual trick to get around the trackpad interfering with text input is to enable mouse keys and select the ignore trackpad when mouse keys are enabled. That doesn't work presumably since it doesn't think my trackpad is a trackpad.

Any suggestions?

I'm running RC5/10.6.6 on an Intel D620 and it seems to be working fine. (RC4 died on boot).

Sleep and DVD are both working.

My one problem is with accidentally touching the trackpad while typing and moving the insertion point.

Right now I've selected VoodooPS2controller, but I had the same problem previously with the Apple PS2controller. With Voodoo there are some trackpad options in the universal preference but not previously with the straight PS2. Still I don't see a trackpad in "about this Mac" and the trackpad preference menu is empty.

Apparently the usual trick to get around the trackpad interfering with text input is to enable mouse keys and select the ignore trackpad when mouse keys are enabled. That doesn't work presumably since it doesn't think my trackpad is a trackpad.

Any suggestions?

What steps did you take to install RC5 without any kernel panics or any problems such as that?

Alright after installing EDP, I thenn ran the 10.6.6 installer. Affter a reboot, I got a flash of an error screen but then it continued to boot. Once it booted fine, everything looked good. However, although it says that I'm connected to airport and ethernet, it won't let me load any webpages. The loading bar gets about halfway (in firefox) and stops...

Btw.. I'm typing all this on my phone