EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 5 released

Leon

Found how i can do this. But, lol, its not failing anymore. Maybe its because of update 10.6.0 >> 10.6.6. or maybe smth else. I don't know.

But i have this weird sign when os loads:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5020311/IMAG0578.jpg

Any way to have boot log? Just to check is everything is ok? Maybe OS loads with tons of errors which i'm not aware of?

To get rid of that message, just disable hibernate mode, and remove the sleep image:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo touch /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

kmand :

Use this voodoops2 kext: Link

To permit installing edp on USB pins heres a patch for rebuild.sh found in Extra/bin.

With this change you can give argument for example

su -

password:

sh bin/rebuild.sh /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/Extra

#!/bin/sh

# check that the one argument is a Extra directory
if [[ $# -eq 1 && -d ${1} && ${1:0-5} == "Extra" ]]; then
  WORKPATH=${1} ;
else
  WORKPATH='/Extra' ;
fi

# check that you are root eg owner of the directory
if [[ ! -O $WORKPATH ]]; then 
  echo 'WARNING You dont own this directory, you should be root';
fi

echo "Selected directory is $WORKPATH" ;

# In the script rebuild.sh exchange all /Extra to ${WORKPATH} for exemple with
# cat rebuild.sh | sed 's/\/Extra/${WORKPATH}/g'  > NEWrebuild.sh
# then paste this script after the clear statement in NEWrebuild.sh

Thanks Leon. Unfortunately I still seem to get a kernel panic when booting with -x. Any other ideas? At work now but will do some research on my own later to see what I may have done wrong.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Also tried "-x" but had same crash. Was able to boot the system by using the D620SLV1 boot disc (and choosing my internal HDD). Once in, rebuilt per instructions at http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/319f8/D4xOSXs_EDP_Extra_Driver_Package.html and was able to reboot normally. Hope that works for you, too!

I'm having the same problem. Also tried "-x" but had same crash. Was able to boot the system by using the D620SLV1 boot disc (and choosing my internal HDD). Once in, rebuilt per instructions at http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/319f8/D4xOSXs_EDP_Extra_Driver_Package.html and was able to reboot normally. Hope that works for you, too!

Spoke too soon. Was able to get back in that way *once*. After I rebooted, mouse & keyboard weren't working. Rebooted in safe mode, still no mouse; used keyboard to open terminal, ran edptool again, now consistently getting kernel panics. (screenpic attached)

Let me know what additional info I can provide or tests I can perform.

post-245-044763800 1295760917.jpg

Spoke too soon. Was able to get back in that way *once*. After I rebooted, mouse & keyboard weren't working. Rebooted in safe mode, still no mouse; used keyboard to open terminal, ran edptool again, now consistently getting kernel panics. (screenpic attached)

Let me know what additional info I can provide or tests I can perform.

Oddly enough, I am always able to boot from the D620SLV1 disc. Too much of a n00b to understand why, not enough of a n00b to have stayed out of trouble in the first place :-)

Help?

Hi Guys,

I have D620 with these feature (A10 bios, Nvidia NVS 110M, BT, Finger Print Reader, OC2 Card Reader, 4GB RAM (3GB), intel wifi). I didnt try to install from Mac osx retail cd , but try iFail and HAzard and got same result always kernel panic while it initializing RTC Eliot driver. How can i rid of this problem.

Thanks.