Dell D420 doesn't install OS X Lion

NickolasDM

Hello fellas,

I'm totally newbie on Hackintosh Community, especially on OSX Latitude. After almost 2 years later, finnaly i made it, install the OS X Snow Leopard Vanilla, with the DVD D620 Boot. Maybe this wasn't the right way to do it, but i didin't have found any problems, after two or more try, sometimes it fail, when i install the package on the DVD Boot, and then, i install the OS X and use the EDP from yours, and totally worked it!

Well, after i tell you my story of life, lets straight to the point.

Nowadays, i'm running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, on the Dell Latitude D420 Core Duo (Or Core 2 Duo) (see the attachment below), it's work perfectly. But, i like stuffs up to date, as far i concerned, the D420 works with the OS X Lion too. But, when i use the USB drive with the OS X Lion dmg (i don't have the retail image), and recognizes on the laptop, when i do the update, the system says that i can't do it, because de CPU is not compatible, but i read on OSX86, the D420 supports OS X Lion.

What i got it to do? Somebody can help me out?

Sorry if i spell some bullcrap, but i'm brazilian and i'm not good in english at all, haha.

post-55936-0-13433600-1396970266_thumb.png

• Administrators

Lion requires a 64bit Core2Duo CPU minimum and D420 laptops were never fitted with those CPUs, only with 32bit Yonah Core Solo/Core Duo:

https://www.dell.com/downloads/la/pdf/spec_latit_d420_en.pdf

I'm afraid you are limited to Snow Leopard at best and cannot run Lion or later versions of OS X.

Of the Latitude D4xx Series, only the D430 got Core2Duo CPUs and supports Lion and (hacked) Mountain Lion:

https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/latit/en/spec_latit_d430_en.pdf

• Administrators

It'll run SL Ok, but don't expect a super performance out of that little D420, that's all. These netbooks are totally outdated by today's standards but run perfectly as little Hackintoshes for basic stuff (browsing, office stuff).