[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

From your Post #25:  I did ALL of the steps, except:

This might be the step:

8. Restart, Clover bootloader screen shows up, press F4 (this will dump your dsdt, ssdt) then select "Boot OS X from YourPartition".

I restarted, but I don't think I pressed the F4 (to dump my dsdt and ssdt) and just booted from the Mac OS Partion it was installed on.

and I think because i didn't do that:

16. Copy /Extra/SSDT.aml in your Mac partition to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of HDD EFI partition)

I was unable to find a SSDT.aml file

and:

17. Go to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/, find 2 ssdt*.aml files with header "sensrhub" and "SataTabl" (usually ssdt1.aml and ssdt4.aml), rename them to SSDT-1.aml and SSDT-2.aml, copy to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of HDD EFI partition)

18. Recheck if config.plist, dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml are placed correctly in EFI partition of internal drive.

I don't remember doing 17. and obviously 18 was wrong because the ssdt.aml couldn't be found.

So do I start from scratch?  and follow the instructions correctly?    Or is there a way to correct it?

Thanks

Ok:

- You have to do step 13, select Tools > SSDT Generator, it will create /Extra/ssdt.aml for your cpu.

- You have to do do step 8 (press F4), if not, the origin folder will be empty.

I suggested you restart from usb and repeat from step 8. Please follow EXACTLY, or you will have problems like this again.

Please take note every steps for sure. I can't help you if you even don't know what you are doing.

Ok, looks like I get two different Clover Menus' .. .one looks more Mac like.. that's the one that I was seeing below.  

The other one that is more black and green, when I hit F4 I see the disk light come on.

When I try to do Step 13 and create the SSDT Generator, I get an error message I was getting on the inital install:

The intsallation failed.   The installer enountered an error that caused the installation to faile.  Contact the Software Manufacturer for assistance.

So when I first did this, I did do step 13, but it gave me the above error....

Hi,

I took a break and I'm going to give this a go from the start tomorrow.  I've formatted my drive back to Windows 8.1 and will give it a try tomorrow.  Thanks for providing that file and all the previous help.

Just to clarify, I was able to boot to OSX 10 fine from the hard drive with no USB stick in, by following your steps but wasn't getting certain functionality (no camera, no sound, no usb (usb drives wouldn't show up, usb mouse wouldn't working, no bluetooth. wireless) ) I was able to boot and get on the internet via the ethernet.    So got close.  

Will give this a try tomorrow again....

Thanks

Hi,

I took a break and I'm going to give this a go from the start tomorrow.  I've formatted my drive back to Windows 8.1 and will give it a try tomorrow.  Thanks for providing that file and all the previous help.

Just to clarify, I was able to boot to OSX 10 fine from the hard drive with no USB stick in, by following your steps but wasn't getting certain functionality (no camera, no sound, no usb (usb drives wouldn't show up, usb mouse wouldn't working, no bluetooth. wireless) ) I was able to boot and get on the internet via the ethernet.    So got close.  

Will give this a try tomorrow again....

Thanks

I updated my tool with piker's new scipt, it won't fail with your cpu anymore.

I'm not certain why us does not show up now. You can try Chameleon instead https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6092-latitude-e7440/page-2&do=findComment&comment=36414

Wifi and bluetooth won't work until you replace card.

I updated my tool with piker's new scipt, it won't fail with your cpu anymore.

I'm not certain why us does not show up now. You can try Chameleon instead https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6092-latitude-e7440/page-2&do=findComment&comment=36414

Wifi and bluetooth won't work until you replace card.

Thank so much. I'm planning on giving this a shot in the next day or so...   so since you updated the tool... to make sure i have this right..

I need to follow the original steps you provided in this post:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

I understand about the Wifi & Bluetooth.   Hopefully I can find a cheap compatible one on ebay.

I have an E7440 with Intel Core i5 [email protected]  and Intel graphics. The system works well when not docked on a docking station  (DVI connection) (Dell E-Port Plus Replicator). When I place the system on the Docking station and boot into Verbose mode the system sticks at VW swap subsystem is on. The E7440 has two SSDs 1. 2.5" with OSX 10.9.2 and 2. with Windows 8.1. 

Please suggest any troubleshoot ideas.

Thanks.

PS: I have another Dell Latitude E6330 and it works well on the docking station.