[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

I need some help here. I installed 10.9 using Myhack and Jake's files in a parttition along with Win7 and Win8, everything went well booting from USB.

Almost everything worked in the laptop, little issues with brightness, sleep and audio, nothing to worry.

Ok I was happy until I tried to install Chameleon in the HDD, well soon I realized I can't because I kept the drive GPT and I'm using UEFI boot.

So I found this guide and I made a bootable USB with just Clover and your Config.plst, I made the boot entry point in BIOS and I booted, Clover desktop came up and it added the OSX and Windows Icons.

I was going to boot with -x and -v but heck I selected MacOS and boom I was in the desktop in seconds, I was very surprised ! it seems to work even better than Chameleon without any tweaking. Brightness control worked and sleep, audio not but that's simple to fix but what I noticed the most is the battery lasting longer.

It showed 8hours remaining at 100%, I ran it until 80% and I booted in windows to compare and it was accurate. In Chameleon I can see draining faster, also it runs hooter than Clover.

Here is my question, How do I install CLOVER in my hard drive?

Do I mount the ESP partition and copy the EFI? or I use Clover installer? I don't know what options to choose in the installer, Thanks

Thanks, that was painless. I'm triple booting now.

I couldn't compile my own dsdt, too many errors. I'm still using Jake's from myhack guide. I'm attaching the origin folder from USB. I'm having problems with audio and brightness, sleep is flaky. If I open/close lid quickly, sometimes I get audio from speakers, sometimes from headphones.

I checked verbs in audio kext and it seems to be fine, I got very good all about pin complex and layouts but that was in 2009, I need a refresh.

Thanks Poke for your help and please take a look at my DSDT.

My system specs:

• Model             E7440
  • BIOS              A05
  • CPU               i7-4600U
  • Graphics          Intel HD4400
  • Display           1920x1080
  • WiFi/Bluetooth    BCM4352

origin.zip

It's the  Broadcom BCM94352HMB  aka "AzureWave  AW-CE123H" aka "Dell DW1550"   "pci14e4, 43a0"

In Windows 7 and 8 I'm using Dell driver found in Alienware laptops.

In Mavericks I'm using Emlydinesh injection.

No need, tell me what you did. I just do step 5 on your origin folder and I got 0 error.

Note that you have to EXACTLY. Miss one step and you will get errors.

You should install Clover UEFI instead of just copy.

Ok I figured it out the issue. The direct link you have to MaciASL produces 15 errors, the MaciASL is in HTV tools produces 2 errors like you mention in your guide and deleting Zero's and applying the patch clean those errors. I suggest to remove the link and direct people to get the compiler from HTV tools.

Ok I figured it out the issue. The direct link you have to MaciASL produces 15 errors, the MaciASL is in HTV tools produces 2 errors like you mention in your guide and deleting Zero's and applying the patch clean those errors. I suggest to remove the link and direct people to get the compiler from HTV tools.

My mistake, thank you.