[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Thanks for getting back to me.

If I put the kexts in the EFI partition, does the rebuild kext cache from kext wizard actually do anything.

In my system, the EFI partition isn't even mounted when OSX is fully booted.

With regards to the bluetooth notification, how do you actually disable it. I've done some googling, and can't find the right magic.

I think this problem might have been there all along, but I just hadn't noticed it. I've been using a Logitech wireless mouse from the very beginning, and whilst the unifying receiver is plugged in, the bluetooth notification doesn't appear. If I unplug it, then it does. I only unplugged the mouse dongle whilst I was trying to troubleshoot the trackpad issue.

My concern with putting the trackpad kext in the EFI partition is that we already have a Voodoo PS2 extension is there.

Can the two co-exist?

Thanks again for you help.

Okay.

I've now removed the following from the Clover EFI kexts directory:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

and replaced them with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from the new ALPS touchpad driver.

I've also put the BTFirmwareUploader.kext for my Broadcom card into the Clover EFI directory.

I've left the ALC sound kext in S/L/E, as this complies with your instructions for using kext wizard for this in the first post.

I've then deleted and rebuilt the kext cache using kext wizard.

Am rebooting now...... wish me luck :D

Well, that seems to have worked. Multitouch now works, but it's not very good :-(

All I really wanted was two finger scrolling on the touchpad. This does work, but you have to keep your fingers about 2cm apart for the trackpad to detect it.

There is a finger width setting, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

In fact, none of the configuration options in the Synaptics trackpad pane appear to do much.

Oh well.

Strange, if you follow my guide, there won't be

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

Where are these coming from?

The ALPS kext developement is not continued recently, it's the best you can get now. You can contact the developers and support them.

Indeed, it is strange.

I have absolutely no idea how they got there.

I've checked the Kexts Dell E5x30 archive, and they didn't come from there.

I'm just wondering if they got inserted when I installed Clover, as I was prompted to update the bootloader from 2720 to 2721.

I definitely didn't put them there myself, as I followed your instructions to the letter.

I've also just tried installing the debug versions of the trackpad driver, and it doesn't crash following resume from sleep.

I guess the debugging stuff changes the timing just enough to make it work :-(

Indeed, it is strange.

I have absolutely no idea how they got there.

I've checked the Kexts Dell E5x30 archive, and they didn't come from there.

I'm just wondering if they got inserted when I installed Clover, as I was prompted to update the bootloader from 2720 to 2721.

I definitely didn't put them there myself, as I followed your instructions to the letter.

I've also just tried installing the debug versions of the trackpad driver, and it doesn't crash following resume from sleep.

I guess the debugging stuff changes the timing just enough to make it work :-(

No, Clover installer do not have kexts. What did you select when updating Clover?

• Moderators

Well, that seems to have worked. Multitouch now works, but it's not very good :-(

All I really wanted was two finger scrolling on the touchpad. This does work, but you have to keep your fingers about 2cm apart for the trackpad to detect it.

There is a finger width setting, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

In fact, none of the configuration options in the Synaptics trackpad pane appear to do much.

Oh well.

Just do slide scrolling. Much easier and cleaner. Scrolling with 1 finger on the right side. Tabbing will also work if you enable clicking in preference. That's pretty much all I use with the Touchpad. I prefer the trackstick scrolling instead.

Have just done a re-install to try and figure out where the Apple PS2 drivers came from.

On the EFI partitiion on the hard drive, /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 and 10.10 did not exist immediately post install.

Once I did the Clover install from HVT, with no options checked, then both directories existed, and the 10.9 directory contained:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

and FakeSMC.kext.

So, it's definitely the clover installer that's putting these in place. I just didn't notice the first time I did the install, as I just dragged and dropped the other drivers in there.