[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Have just done a re-install to try and figure out where the Apple PS2 drivers came from.

On the EFI partitiion on the hard drive, /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 and 10.10 did not exist immediately post install.

Once I did the Clover install from HVT, with no options checked, then both directories existed, and the 10.9 directory contained:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
and FakeSMC.kext.

So, it's definitely the clover installer that's putting these in place. I just didn't notice the first time I did the install, as I just dragged and dropped the other drivers in there.

I will fix it, thank you! For now, just remove those kexts before copying.

Has anyone had any luck using a Dell dock with this unit on Mavericks? Everytime I power on when on the dock (with the screen closed), the unit hangs at the circle of circles. If I boot with the screen up, the external monitor is never recognized.

Any ideas?

BTW, thanks for the guide, this was super easy to get configured.

Has anyone had any luck using a Dell dock with this unit on Mavericks? Everytime I power on when on the dock (with the screen closed), the unit hangs at the circle of circles. If I boot with the screen up, the external monitor is never recognized.

Any ideas?

BTW, thanks for the guide, this was super easy to get configured.

I found a Dell docking station in my office, not for this laptop(E6410) but I tried anyway. Win 7 and 8 worked Ok, in Mavericks no video at all from display port, DVI or VGA, I didn't experienced the hanging you mentioned,  I find interesting the docking audio headphones and external mic worked fine.

• Moderators

@pokenguyen

Is there an ideal BIOS version? I want to know before I update. What BIOS ver. are you using? I am on A04. Have not attempted to install OS X yet.

I don't think Pokenguyen owns an E7440. I have both E7240 and E7440 with latest BIOS A08