[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

• Moderators

So, I have an E7440 with the 1366x768 display and a swapped out WiFi card (the BCM4352 Azurewave AW0CE123H). I have the 2.4 GHz portion working, but no BT and 5 GHz. I'm not too worried about that at the moment.

Something that I haven't figured out is why audio is not working. I see references to it in System Preferences, but nothing under Sound. 

I've followed all steps and I've tried a few reinstalls, in the correct order, but no luck. I can supply various files. Just let me know. 

I also triple-boot via EFI to Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows 7.

Did you use kextwizard to install the patched AppleHDA to SLE?

So, I have an E7440 with the 1366x768 display and a swapped out WiFi card (the BCM4352 Azurewave AW0CE123H). I have the 2.4 GHz portion working, but no BT and 5 GHz. I'm not too worried about that at the moment.

Something that I haven't figured out is why audio is not working. I see references to it in System Preferences, but nothing under Sound. 

I've followed all steps and I've tried a few reinstalls, in the correct order, but no luck. I can supply various files. Just let me know. 

I also triple-boot via EFI to Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows 7.

Give me your dsdt.aml

And check if you have AppleHDAALC in S/L/E

So I did the guide again, step for step, but I kept the laptop completely off the network for the entire process and everything turned out okay. I have an AirPlay receiver on the network that kept ending up being the only device I would have. I think my desktop build has been struggling with audio for the same reason, which is kind of strange. It may just be coincidence.

It looks like I'm caught up on that aspect. I get static on headphones (which is the current state of the driver, i think). I have not tested with my docking station yet.

@pokenguyennHere is a link to my Dropbox for the E7440 config files. 

@Jake Lo Yes, I installed in /S/L/E. 

Recap: 

Wifi + BT from AW-CE123H 

Used below instead of latest HVT (1.7.3)

BT worked after installing kext from this thread

5 GHz was patched via the script in this thread (updated version).

I'm not sure what experience you have with DSDT edits for docked E7440's. I've got a DSDT online in my previous link under "Docked DSDT." This is the F4 export from clover. The machine does not finish loading with the standard DSDT. 

Hi everyone,

I also have a sound issue, the exact same one as dreethal's : no sound in preferences. I have loaded the kext using kext wizard, and fixed permissions several times.

But still can't have no sound...

Does anyone as an idea ?!

thanks in advance for your answer!!

Best regards.