[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Unfortunately I'm still hung up on the HD4400 hw acceleration.. after some further research it seems we're missing a kext, even though I think our DSDT is patched correctly. Because the vanilla drivers aren't supporting the 4400HD, I wonder how far one could get with this as far as getting graphics hw acceleration. And actually looking at Apple's product line right now, I don't see them supporting it if their base MBA is already Intel 5000. There is the MacBook Pro 13" w/ Intel HD graphics 4000 but it will probably 1) go legacy soon or 2) get upgraded to HD 5000...

My E7440 is running with 10.9.4 almost perfectly. Everything works except a small issue with 2-finger scrolling. Two fingers have to be far apart to be recognized. If I am not intentionally separating my two fingers, 2-finger scrolling will not be activated. Is there a way to adjust sensitivity of finger tightness in VoodooTrackPad kext?

Thanks,  

Unfortunately I'm still hung up on the HD4400 hw acceleration.. after some further research it seems we're missing a kext, even though I think our DSDT is patched correctly. Because the vanilla drivers aren't supporting the 4400HD, I wonder how far one could get with this as far as getting graphics hw acceleration. And actually looking at Apple's product line right now, I don't see them supporting it if their base MBA is already Intel 5000. There is the MacBook Pro 13" w/ Intel HD graphics 4000 but it will probably 1) go legacy soon or 2) get upgraded to HD 5000...

Seem I am not alone. My E7240 with "HD4400" was still not yet able to get HW acceleration.

Are there somethings unusual for our hardware?

Seem I am not alone. My E7240 with "HD4400" was still not yet able to get HW acceleration.

Are there somethings unusual for our hardware?

As I said before, we're still SOL for the 4400 HD graphics, if we want hardware acceleration. There are no Vanilla drivers provided by Apple It has nothing to do with the display; it's a known issue. Here are some of the things I've read/tried:

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/126737-how-make-intel-hd-4400-work.html

Note post #24

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/417-chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)-3-0-update.html#comments

Also note in the comments what is said. We have 4400 HD basic support here obviously, but no hardware acceleration. It says that in order to get QE/CI, we have to patch the kext.