[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

• Moderators

I have Qe/CI on all version of Mavericks 10.9.0 -> 10.9.5. Problem is since 10.9.2, system freezes when HDMI cable is plugged in. From 10.9.3 onward, you'll get a bit of artifacts on the menu bar, but can easily be fixed by going to color settings in preference. 

For 10.9.3 and below, you can revert FB with 10.9.1 to fix the HDMI freeze issue. With 10.9.4 and 10.9.5, restoring with 10.9.1 will lose QE/CI. So if you're going to use the latest Mavericks, you'll still have QE/CI, just can't have external monitor install.

• Moderators

HDMI audio so far is not supported on the HD 4400, only HD 4600 has been confirmed to work.

Headphone issue has been known for this model and no fix thus far both with patched AppleHDA and voodooHDA. Pokenguyen don't own this model, but I can confirm what works is to use an USB headphone adapter.

HDMI audio so far is not supported on the HD 4400, only HD 4600 has been confirmed to work.

Headphone issue has been known for this model and no fix thus far both with patched AppleHDA and voodooHDA. Pokenguyen don't own this model, but I can confirm what works is to use an USB headphone adapter.

Thanks Jake!

I use docking station in my work, and headphones in dock work! I use this :)

I plan to buy another docking for home audio :)

Hmm, can't say I have tried connecting to a dock. Good to know that it works, but you can't carry a dock everywhere you go, so an USB adapter is still a good way to go. Does the DVI video work through the dock for you?

No DVI out don't work... The internal screen switch one second to black, but don't see any picture in external DVI monitor.

Also docking station audio works only VoodooHDA...

What a type of you USB adapter? Fullí working with OSX? Also Yosemite (i use Yosemite DP8 in this time...) 

I have a E5440 with NVidia GT720M, using a some DSDT from someone elses E5440 and SSDT for I5-4300U and the kexts for the E5440 I was able to get past the waiting for root device, now it gets to IOBluetooth and restarts. I have tried -v -x -f and GraphicsEnabler=NO and RestartFix=Yes with no luck.

My best guess is something in my DSDT is wrong because of the NVidia GT720M, so as you mentioned if someone had the NVidia to post their origin folder here by using F4 in clover, so I have attached in in hopes I can actually get to the install and get it all going. I know my wifi card will likely need replacing but before spending the cash on that I wanted to get it working Ethernet.

Thank you.

5440_nvidiaGT720M.zip