[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Thanks for the instructions, it worked very well for me. 

I'm on 10.9.5 now, here's what is working for me:

+ WiFI is working with DW1510...but obviously bluetooth is now dead. How about replacing the wwan card with the original intel wifi card? Would the antenna connection work?

+ Brightness control works

+ Sound works, except for the head phone... Can you please provide the chip set from your usb audio adapter? The one you have linked is not available here...

+ USB3 works too, but sometimes the box reboots instantly when (un)plugging 

+ hdmi ports works (without sound)

- qe/ci is not working for me...did i mess a step?

- the touch display does not work either (very minor issue...never felt the need smearing around a monitor with my fingers)

++ in summary a very nice setup ;)

Thanks,

Armin 

• Moderators

QE/CI issue, you have to skip this step 14

- Kexts > Graphics > HD4400/4600 DP/HDMI Freeze

It only work up to 10.9.3. You need to restore the original version. It should be in your desktop/kexts backup

Use kextwizard to install it back to SLE. You'll lose HDMI capability but gain QE/CI. 

Edit: Guide updated

You'll lose HDMI capability but gain QE/CI.

I think i can live wo QE/CI. Xcode happily runs without it.

I plugged the original intel wifi+bluetooth card into the WWAN card slot using a piece of scotch tape and the WWAN antenna cables. Works like a charm: Bluetooth and wifi in osx and  double wifi under  windows. Interestingly the WWAN antenna works well... Who had thought this pathetic piece of hardware would be good for something useful at last?

-Armin

• Like 1

Hello Folks, I am trying to install Yosemite on my E7740 i7 4600U 1920X1080. The system boots fines with the USB drive however as soon as install screen appears and the whole screen become garbled and very difficult to navigate. Please have a look at the attached file. Any help will be greatly appreciated (it happened during the beta versions too, but I gave up as i waited for the final release). System works very well with Mavericks.

post-54679-0-41605400-1413539078_thumb.jpg

Hello Folks, I am trying to install Yosemite on my E7740 i7 4600U 1920X1080. The system boots fines with the USB drive however as soon as install screen appears and the whole screen become garbled and very difficult to navigate. Please have a look at the attached file. Any help will be greatly appreciated (it happened during the beta versions too, but I gave up as i waited for the final release). System works very well with Mavericks.

Hi!

Close LID 1-2 sec and open...

My setup is working fine this method.

Another method in my dell if i set the bios "Enable legacy option rom"

This method no need lid close - open...

Sorry my wrong english :)

Follow the guide to create the USB Installer, Install latest Chameleon v2401. You'll need to patch the kernel as well. See here http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/yosemitehaswell-kernel-patch-for-early-reboot/

I'll write up a complete guide when I have more time. Basically waiting for myHack 4 too.

thanks you a lot for info good luck to you