[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

I think i can live wo QE/CI. Xcode happily runs without it.

I plugged the original intel wifi+bluetooth card into the WWAN card slot using a piece of scotch tape and the WWAN antenna cables. Works like a charm: Bluetooth and wifi in osx and  double wifi under  windows. Interestingly the WWAN antenna works well... Who had thought this pathetic piece of hardware would be good for something useful at last?

-Armin

hello,

i try to connect also the original card, and it was working fine.....but, after update to 10.9.5 and all update available,safari, iBook,iTunes, and security update, the Bluetooth is broken "not available" ?? any help will be appreciate

thank

Edited by girardpallet

I have successfully gotten Yosemite installed on my E7240.  It seems all is working, but WIFI.  I have the Dell 1510 card installed, and it works in another laptop.  I cannot "Turn On" WIFI.  I'm guessing this might be an issue with the Wifi Switch, rather than the WIFI card itself.  I can get this laptop to work just fine with Mavericks, but WIFI will not work with Yosemite.  Thoughts?

BTW - Forgive me, I'm a noob.  I don't know a lot about what I'm doing, but I've gotten this far, and if I can get WIFI working, I'll have one hell of a Macbook Air.  Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Ethernet works.

hello,

i try to connect also the original card, and it was working fine.....but, after update to 10.9.5 and all update available,safari, iBook,iTunes, and security update, the Bluetooth is broken "not available" ?? any help will be appreciate

thank

I'm on 10.9.5 too and it's working... Try removing and re-adding the connection in system preferences... Good luck!

Hi ,

Thanks you very much for this topic.

i follow it step by step for installing yosemith on E7440

CPU i7 , DDR3 8GB , 1920x1080 , DW1510 

but have some questions:

1: in step 13, EFI was not mount, i have to mount with clover configurator , and create myself the 2 directory: /EFI/and Clover/ to be able to copy the configplist.

2. after start from HDD, i dont have sound, should i install voodoo ?

3: no usb  also if i disabled usb3 Controler from bios !

4: at the first start (your step 12) bluetooth (original intel card 7260HMW plugged in wwan minipci ) was working, but not after step 19!

5: no camera

Did somebody have guide line to fix ?

Thanks you again

girardpallet

Do the Step 14 first and then follow Step 13.

For Sound install  the kext mentioned in end of the Step 13. So far I am unable to get the front speakers working with this kext. I have not tried Voodo yet.

For camera - I believe once the EFI created and patched DSST is placed at the correction location things ll work out. 

Good luck,