[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Try the dsdt.aml from the same page you're linking. It's patched for HDEF and HDMI. Also add EAPDfix.kext in the Clover EFI, like this:

And clear caches and rebuild a few times use DPCIManager for that job.

I did that. I just can't get the headphones to work with 10.9...

Here are my quick observations installing 10.10 (not yet finished)

- Following post #1 i can not compile dsdt with BIOS A11. I get three errors instead of 2 and patching does not get rid of any...

not a big deal, i went on with asl files and kernel extensions from Extra_E7440_Yosemite.zip  here. Basically everything works (Headphone, QE/CI, Card reader (even), Bluetooth). 

Thanks for your support! 

-Armin

If you change the compiler option to ACPI 5.0, you would end up with 2 errors. Anyway, I compiled it for you.

attachicon.gifDSDT-E7440-van_axl.aml.zip

For Audio, make sure to install the patched AppleHDA to S/L/E and remove the dummy AppleHDAALC.kext. Repair and rebuild cache.

I did that. I just can't get the headphones to work with 10.9...

Here are my quick observations installing 10.10 (not yet finished)

- Following post #1 i can not compile dsdt with BIOS A11. I get three errors instead of 2 and patching does not get rid of any...

not a big deal, i went on with asl files and kernel extensions from Extra_E7440_Yosemite.zip  here. Basically everything works (Headphone, QE/CI, Card reader (even), Bluetooth). 

Thanks for your support! 

-Armin

I've installed the BIOS A11 too on my DELL e7240 months ago, and now I have same issue as Armin. So the BIOS last version seems to bring 3 errors when compiling. Anyway, Thanks to Jake, I use the DSDT.asl from his pack, I've removed the AppleHDAALC.kext and now everything is working fine : Sound on speaker / headphone, even after sleep (without EAPDfix). Which tool can I use to check if the CPU ssdt file is fine (CPU multipliers, freq., ...).

If I wanted to be picky, there only one thing : when going to sleep with an external USB stick, when waking up, the system says that the drive was not eject properly.

hum yes, on last small issue : sometime the keyboard get stuck on a random key (let says 2 times per hour). And the key will be repeated until I hit another one. Of course when I was on Mavericks, I dit not have this behaviour.

Van_axl

• Administrators

[...]

If I wanted to be picky, there only one thing : when going to sleep with an external USB stick, when waking up, the system says that the drive was not eject properly.

[...]

Perfectly normal: a PC cuts off power to USB ports when going to sleep. Some laptops have the option to retain power, but only when mains are plugged in.

Perfectly normal: a PC cuts off power to USB ports when going to sleep. Some laptops have the option to retain power, but only when mains are plugged in.

That makes sens. In fact my mistake was to compare my DELL's laptop to my wife's MacBook Air, which handle perfectly the USB power or unmount, while sleeping.

I've installed the BIOS A11 too on my DELL e7240 months ago, and now I have same issue as Armin. So the BIOS last version seems to bring 3 errors when compiling. Anyway, Thanks to Jake, I use the DSDT.asl from his pack, I've removed the AppleHDAALC.kext and now everything is working fine : Sound on speaker / headphone, even after sleep (without EAPDfix). Which tool can I use to check if the CPU ssdt file is fine (CPU multipliers, freq., ...).

hum yes, on last small issue : sometime the keyboard get stuck on a random key (let says 2 times per hour). And the key will be repeated until I hit another one. Of course when I was on Mavericks, I dit not have this behaviour.

Van_axl

All states are there. Use https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget/

I can confirm the keyboard issues, which is a minor thing (imho)...

Best wishes,

Armin 

That makes sens. In fact my mistake was to compare my DELL's laptop to my wife's MacBook Air, which handle perfectly the USB power or unmount, while sleeping.

Hi!

For USB after sleep set the BIOS USB Wake Suport - ON! Works fine for me, all usb works after sleep ;)

The keyboard issue same.... The Enter/Backspace/Tabular, Del keys are stuck when i press too fast... If press slowly not have this behaviour...

I test some WoodooPS2Controller kext, same problem all...

I looking fix google, and many other forum, no results in this time....

• Administrators

If you already use a patched DSDT file and need to apply new patches, you simply start from the existing file, not from a new extract or you would lose all existing patches.

In the present case (BCM4352), a DSDT patch is not necessarily required; you may simply patch the Broadcom wireless kext with your own card's ids (eg: DW1550 -> PCI ids 14e4:43a0).
https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-inventory/

Then, read this too.

If you change the compiler option to ACPI 5.0, you would end up with 2 errors. Anyway, I compiled it for you.

attachicon.gifDSDT-E7440-van_axl.aml.zip

For Audio, make sure to install the patched AppleHDA to S/L/E and remove the dummy AppleHDAALC.kext. Repair and rebuild cache.

This DSDT fixes two issues for me in comparison to this one: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6472-dell-latitude-e7240e7440-with-mavericks-1095-updated/&do=findComment&comment=39087

1) Audio after sleep  (without other means)

2) Top menu bar looks good (no artefacts)

- Touchscreen works

- 3 Audio controll buttons between keyboard and display work

- Card reader works too btw

Issues left: 

- Bluetooth randomly not working (after sleep and after reboots)

- Audio not working after long periods of sleep (closing and reopening the lid brings back audio)

Thanks for your excellent work

-Armin

• Like 1