[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

With my E7440 fully ok on Yosemite (except bluetooth working randomly ) , i need to know if you also have some frozen screen with Apercu (preview in english) ?

sometime the frozen, or long time to close it, or blank picture ) 

i 've try different profile in system preference/screen, but it not solve this .

thank for support me.

regards

With my E7440 fully ok on Yosemite (except bluetooth working randomly ) , i need to know if you also have some frozen screen with Apercu (preview in english) ?

i 've try different profile in system preference/screen, but it not solve this .

thank for support me.

regards

I'm not using Yosemite yet but I also experienced Bluetooth issues using BCM5722D.kext without other problems, now if I use BTFirmwareUploader.kext Bluetooth works great and reliable but I have random trackpad freezes and other nuisances.

BCM5722D.kext.zip

BTFirmwareUploader.kext.zip

thank for support me.

regards

Hi! Run this in terminal:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|([\xFF\xFC\x3D])\x86\x80\x12\x04|$1\x86\x80\x16\x0A|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

This patch the OpenCL framevork, and the Preview app, Aperture, PhotoBooth and all program that need OpenCL works :)

If Xcode command line tools not installed, the first command install it.

If installed succesfully, run 2 command again.

Credits to the-darkvoid and vbo

• Like 1

Hi! Run this in terminal:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|([\xFF\xFC\x3D])\x86\x80\x12\x04|$1\x86\x80\x16\x0A|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

This patch the OpenCL framevork, and the Preview app, Aperture, PhotoBooth and all program that need OpenCL works :)

If Xcode command line tools not installed, the first command install it.

If installed succesfully, run 2 command again.

Credits to the-darkvoid and vbo

it like a miracle ! thank A Lot for this !!!!

I'm a novice , so sorry !

next step is to fix the bluetooth !

thank again

it like a miracle ! thank A Lot for this !!!!

I'm a novice , so sorry !

next step is to fix the bluetooth !

thank again

Hi, 

I had the same issue, with preview and quicklook apps, it hung, or did not display the document correctly. 

So thanks to the RobertStudio's recommandation, it is now working fine too.

Hello the Team,

did somebody is able to use the fingerprint on E7440 ?

thank

I don't think the fingerprint reader will ever work, especially since not all 7440s have it (like mine doesn't) and Apple has no PCs on the market to the best of my knowledge that use a biometric fingerprint reader (excluding the 5 and 6 which is different tech I believe). 2FA is more secure anyway so if you have a phone, you'd be better off with that + drive encryption or even maybe a HDD password on boot.