[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

• Moderators

Jake thanks for the suggestions. What do you mean by new patch i.e. the one for Wifi clover? 

Just updated to 10.10.3 and during the verbose mode - error came unsupported CPU!  Lost graphics now system only shows 8 MB only. BCM4352 bluetooth and Wifi is working OK.

Not sure if you have FB patched in your Clover Config, but I have the kexts patched here.

Don't remember seeing unsupported CPU error during my upgrade though.

Not sure if you have FB patched in your Clover Config, but I have the kexts patched here.

Don't remember seeing unsupported CPU error during my upgrade though.

Jake thank you for the suggestions. First I installed your patched Kexts you provided in the previous message. It did changed the video RAM to 1.5GB, and saw improvements right away however, few of the programs like Google Chrome behaved choppy.

So I kept reading at different forums and found that I was missing following 

<key>Devices</key>

<dict>

<key>FakeID</key>

<dict>

<key>IntelGFX</key>

<string>0x04128086</string>

I added this information into the clover plist and restored the Vanilla Texts that were replaced while installed as per your suggestions. Presently, system appeared to be working much better.

Can you please enlighten me about the FB patches in the Clover that you were mentioning in your previous message. and how to check if video acceleration is working or not?

Thank you. 

• Moderators

Graphics are also unaccelerated on 10.10.3 for me (even with FB patch from the guide thread), but I'm showing 1536MB.

Using Rehabman's CodecCommander from 4/05 audio seems to be working pretty reliably also.

You need both AppleIntelframebufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics installed to /S/L/E

Jake thank you for the suggestions. First I installed your patched Kexts you provided in the previous message. It did changed the video RAM to 1.5GB, and saw improvements right away however, few of the programs like Google Chrome behaved choppy.

So I kept reading at different forums and found that I was missing following 

Devices

FakeID

IntelGFX

0x04128086

I added this information into the clover plist and restored the Vanilla Texts that were replaced while installed as per your suggestions. Presently, system appeared to be working much better.

Can you please enlighten me about the FB patches in the Clover that you were mentioning in your previous message. and how to check if video acceleration is working or not?

Thank you. 

Do you have translucent Menu Bar? Do you have animated screensaver?

I don't use Clover patches for Graphics and fakeID for Desktop HD4600 (80860412). The patches I used enables HDMI video and Audio without hang and restore the mobile HD4400 80860a16

• Administrators

[...]

and how to check if video acceleration is working or not?

[...]

On top of what was cited above, you can try and run DVDPlayer and select "Show supported Features" in the Help menu. With full graphics acceleration, expect all features to be "supported".

DVD_Player_Features.jpg

So I had to delete FAKEPCIID to get acceleration working again. In Clover, Preview and Flash do not function, but booting with Chameleon solves this.

Audio is actually still messed up (but far better than 10.10.2) using Rehabman's latest CodecCommander, but functions for longer before going silent in Chameleon than Clover. This is very strange and hard to replicate.

Sidenote: is the App Store version of Yosemite up to date with 10.10.3? I might try a clean install at some point.

I reinstalled 10.10 on a e7440 (Bios 14) after accidentally converting it to openbsd. Unfortunately this operation is one way. 

Note:

- The clover Configurator that HVT 1.81 installed messes up the initial config. I turned off p and c states using vi

- Everything works but bluetooth and the CD card reader

I don't need bluetooth, but the cd card reader is urgently needed...can someone point me to the kext i just can't seem to find it..

Thanks,

Armin

Edit:

As always: The moment after posting this message i found this amazing grab bag which also removed some artefacts from my the display and brought me the cd card. Easter bunny or santa claus or whatever creature created this archive: I whole heartedly thank you! 

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/?p=45224

• Moderators

No need to patch AppleSDXC anymore with this patch when upgrading your system

into device label PXSX parent_label RP05 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package()\n
    {\n
         "AAPL,slot-name",\n 
         "Built-in",\n
         "device-type", Buffer() { "Media Controller" },\n
         "model", Buffer() { "O2 Micro SD Card Reader" },\n
         "compatible", Buffer() { "pci14e4,16bc" },\n
     }, Local0)\n
     DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
     Return (Local0)\n
}\n 
end;

I agree: patching dsdt is the elegant solution. I get a compile error, this call cannot resolve the DTGP function..

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) 

3728, 6084, Object does not exist (DTGP)

Q: Should i apply the patches from rehabmans github repository...does that add the method?

Thanks,

Armin