"AAPL,slot-name",\n
        "Built-in",\n
        "device-type", Buffer() { "Media Controller" },\n
        "model", Buffer() { "O2 Micro SD Card Reader" },\n
        "compatible", Buffer() { "pci14e4,16bc" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

thanks: The SD card is working now with the original kext ;)

What are my options with regards to display and external (as much as possible) displays? 

My status quo is as follows: 

With patched DSDT i get a kernel panic when plugging in an external  hdmi display. The top bar and e.g. Chrome have some artefacts. Otherwise everything is fine (qe/ci), The system reports HD4440 with 1536MB video ram. I use this patch from #1:

#   Inject HD4400/4600
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0a },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL00,DualLink", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

With the patched AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul from https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/?p=45224 external hdmi display works (qe/ci), but DVI ports of the dock don't... System reports 1024mb video ram on a hd4400.

Thanks,

Armin

PS: 

Using the patched Azul Framebuffer i can have  3 displays: 

- external 1 via hdmi

- external 2 via mini display port to VGA adapter (i have not tested dp-dp)

- notebook internal

• Moderators

The DSDT is not the blame for the crashing when HDMI is plugged in. It's with the Framebuffer, that's why it needs to be patched there.

If you want to increase the VRAM, you could patch the FB too with Clover.

ok, i have one more:

Whenever osx automatically goes to some sleep due to the lack of events on user interaction, it ungracefully disconnects usb devices. This happens also when i close the lid and leave it closed for more than 30 seconds. When i re-plug the affected device it re appears and other than being fscked works normal. This happens with and without GenercUSBXHCI (btw: do i need this thing at all?) in USB3 or USB2 bios configuration.

Any ideas someone?

Happy hacking,

Armin

PS and btw: Audio works great even with the original AppleHDA in combination with the CodecCommander kext.

• Administrators

USB ports are normally powered off when a computer goes to sleep: that disconnects the devices. It's perfectly normal, it's meant to avoid draining the battery. Some systems have a "USB Wake" option in the BIOS that keeps the USB ports powered (to wake computer from say a USB mouse or keyboard) if and only if the computer is connected to the mains. However, this feature sometimes interfere with sleep functionality on Hackintoshes...

More recent systems like the Exx40 have an additional BIOS option called "USB PowerShare" that retains power to 1 x USB port (the one at the back right corner) whatever the situation: computer sleeping or being powered off. It's meant for devices that need charging from the laptop battery (e.g.: a mobile phone). You'll easily identify the USB port: it has a little lightning bolt symbol next to it.

So check your BIOS settings and try that feature if you want. It's disabled by default.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN155147/EN

yes, the e7440 has this option. However it does not change the behaviour: Even when disabled it disconnects the usb ports when it sleeps and complains afterwards about it (disk not ejected properly), However i read that 10.10 introduced issues with usb and sleep that show up even on their own hardware ...so i ignore this for now....