[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Hi Jake,

I'm running El Capitan but the only problems I still can't solve are LCD display brightness is always at max and cannot be modified through keyboard buttons, headphones jack doesn't detect anything when I plug headphones, everything else is working fine.

post-67594-0-66259500-1444240486_thumb.png

post-67594-0-47834800-1444240457_thumb.png

post-67594-0-86827700-1444240470_thumb.png

post-67594-0-02791900-1444240721_thumb.png

I'm using the attached DSDT and config.plist (Archive.zip), what could be the problem?

Kexts installed to /S/L/E: 

• AppleHDA_ALC292
  • CodecCommander
  • DisableTurboBoostBattery
  • IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector
  • FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux
  • FakePCIID

Kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

• ACPIBatteryManager
  • AppleIntelE1000e
  • FakeSMC
  • VoodooPS2Controller

Thanks!

• Moderators

For Brightness, install this to /Clover/Kexts/10.11.

For Headphone, autoswitching is not working. You need to plug in the headphone, enable sleep and then wake it up.

Then to switch back to internal speak, unplug headphone, enable sleep again and then wake it up.

No known fix at the moment.

Thanks Jake!,

I tried with that kext but no luck.

What I did was to install this kext ACPIBacklight.kext and revert back to my DSDT.aml I was using in Yosemite 10.10.5, it has the backlight patch I guess. Brightness controls are working again with Fn+F3 / Fn+Insert.

I did the workaround you mentioned for headphones and it works.

Kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

• ACPIBatteryManager
  • AppleIntelE1000e
  • FakeSMC
  • VoodooPS2Controller
  • ACPIBacklight

Regards

Alex

• Moderators

@robertostudios

Remove the fakePCIID_XHCIMux and patch DSDT with this. Credits to Rehabman

into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_ADR.* replace_matched begin Name(_ADR,0) end;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_ADR.* replace_matched begin Name(_ADR,0) end;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_ADR.* replace_matched begin Name(_ADR,0) end;

Tested on 10.11 GM (15A284). Webcam and sleep works so far. Tested all USB ports, but not tested the speed.

Does headphone work after wake from sleep with your files?

Hi!

Thanks for the patch, i remove previous post!

All working now like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Camera, usb3 after sleep, headphones and speakers after sleep, USB3 speed speedier like before! ALL!!!
Thanks Jake Again!

I attached my current EFI folder, (removed serials...)

I Very happy now! :)

Edit: strange, i rebooted, sleeped, my comp some time, and now headphone, speaker work after sleep, plug, unplug vica-versa all!!!

I check 6-7 times, rebooted, sleeped while headphone plugged, sleeped while not, plug unplug, and now work like a charm :)

Thanks!

roberto-UEFI-20151010.zip

Edited by robertostudios
  • Like 1

Hi!

Just upgraded 10.10.3 to 10.11. Used Robertostudios zip and everything works except sleep if something is connected to USB 3.0 (usb otherwise is working fine). Any solution? Tried repatching my DSDT but cannot boot on my DSDT. Now I'm using Robertostudios DSDT. No GenericUSBXhci.kext

Maybe tell me how exactly prepare DSDT for 10.11. The same method as in guide plus this 3 patches from post #506 ? Am I missing something? 

Tried patching myself with no success. DSDT working in 10.10.3 is no longer good in 10.11. I have bios A15. Can someone help me with patching or send DSTD suitable for 10.11 and 4300u?

EDIT

I'm geting Wake reason: LID0 

Suggestions?

Hi!

Just upgraded 10.10.3 to 10.11. Used Robertostudios zip and everything works except sleep if something is connected to USB 3.0 (usb otherwise is working fine). Any solution? Tried repatching my DSDT but cannot boot on my DSDT. Now I'm using Robertostudios DSDT. No GenericUSBXhci.kext

Maybe tell me how exactly prepare DSDT for 10.11. The same method as in guide plus this 3 patches from post #506 ? Am I missing something? 

Tried patching myself with no success. DSDT working in 10.10.3 is no longer good in 10.11. I have bios A15. Can someone help me with patching or send DSTD suitable for 10.11 and 4300u?

EDIT

I'm geting Wake reason: LID0 

Suggestions?

I'm getting same error when i use FakepciidXhcimux.kext!

But my DSDT pathed JakeLo instruction (included previous post), all working fine! Sleep, camera, etc... USB3 device plugged or not... Only (Disk unmounted error when wake from sleep....)