[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Hi could you help me please? 

I have another E7440 that was at 10.10.3 then I updated to 10.11.2, everything works but the audio and I'm kinda lost, both have same kexts and same config.plist, just the serial is different. 

Am I missing something? 

I'm uploading the boot.log and plist if that helps.

bootlog.log-2.txt

config.plist.zip

Thanks in advance!

I am very much a novice and am trying to install El Capitan on my Dell E7440 with Clover as per the [Guide]. I have got as far as Step 5. Pressed F4 when the Clover bootloader screen showed and shut down (although I'm not sure if anything happened!).Then having completed step 6. I booted to USB, the Clover screen showed up and I selected Boot Mac OSX from OSX Base System and the screen changed to a black screen with the white Apple logo in the centre after circa half a minute the logo changed to a white circle outline with a with diagonal line across it, and froze. After pressing the return key several times it reverted back to the Clover screen but without the mouse cursor, so I shutdown.

Can anybody advise where I go next and what I need to do to diagnose the problem.

Hi Jake,

As per your post I have religiously followed your Dell Latitude/Inspiron El Capitan Clover Guide 3 times now but can only get as far as Installation step 3.

I am reasonably confident of Preparation steps 1 through to 29. I downloaded Clover boot pack E7440.zip (which contained ACPI, Kexts, and Config.plist) and renamed it EFI.  I then replaced the EFI folder in the root of the hidden EFI partition (which contained ACPI, Kexts, Config.plist, Boot, Clover and Clover_install_log.txt) with the EFI (E7440) renamed folder - leaving the EFI hidden partition EFI folder with the replaced ACPI, Kexts and Config.plist folders/file.

I then completed Installation steps 1 to 3 and on boot up got a black screen with the error message - Invalid Partition Table. I started all over again from Steps !;! through to 2:3 with the same error message. On the third time through at step 1:29 I left the Boot, Kexts, and Config.plist folders/file on the EFI folder on the hidden EFI partition and only replaced the ACPI, Kexts, and Config.plist folders/file. On booting up I got the Clover boot screen this time (no error message) and clicked Install OS X El Capitan. I got a black screen with the white apple logo for circa half a minute and then got returned back to the Clover boot screen. On clicking install again it just went round in circles.

Clearly I am doing something wrong but not sure what. Please can you advise how I diagnose the problem and hopefully move forwards. And why do I get an error message when I follow the guide by completely replacing EFI but am able to boot to the clover screen if I only partially replace EFI??

• Moderators

Either the instruction is not clear or you misread/skip something

Instruction:

1. Download the Generic EFI_Clover folder.
  2. Download bootpack for your system and Merge it into the Generic /EFI_Clover/Clover folder
  3. Rename EFI_Clover to EFI

You need to download the Generic EFI_Clover and merge the bootpack E7440 to EFI_Clover/Clover folder. Then rename the EFI_Clover to EFI

Replace this folder to the hidden EFI partition. Files are v3320 version. If you install v3330. then just replace the bootpack E7440 to the hidden EFI partition/EFI/Clover containing Config, Kexts and ACPI. Of course you'll need to copy the missing file HFSPlus.efi from /efi/clover/drivers64UEFI to the EFI partition otherwise it won't see your HFS disk.

Hi Jake.

Thank you for the clarification. No, none of the above is mentioned in the guide. After creating the hidden EFI partition it states " 29. Download the EFI Folder for your model, rename it as EFI to the root of the "EFI" partition, replacing the existing folder (not merge). 30. You are now ready to install OS X El Capitan"

The version of Clover I am using is v3330. Apologies for being a complete novice but please could you reiterate in simple steps that I can follow what I need to do differently for v3330.

The hidden EFI partition created contains a root EFI Folder that has in it a Boot Folder, a Clover Folder, an ACPI folder, a Kexts Folder and 2 files; - config.plist and clover_install_log.txt. So if I replace the ACPI and Kexts folders plus the config.plist file in EFI/Clover with the files from E74440 do I also need to delete the existing ACPI, Kexts etc from the hidden partition root EFI/?

I note that there isn't an HFSPlus.efi file in /efi/clover/drivers64UEFI if this is in reference to the hidden partition EFI nor one under Drivers64UEFI customisation options in Clover_v2, but there is such a file in the generic EFI_Clover/drivers644UEFI so do I copy it from there to the hidden partition root of EFI/? 

I also assume that I will have to start again from step I:I to implement all this?