[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

• Administrators

Personally, I don't believe the media slot could be an issue. I have a 2.5" SSHD disc for Windows in the regular SATA slot of my E6440 and an mSATA disc in the combo mini-PCIe/USB/mSATA slot for OS X. I switch from one to the other without any issue whatsoever and it does not matter which one is 1st in the boot list.

Your cache issue is due to something else, maybe some kext you inject rather than cache or something along the line. Some BIOS option maybe?

The difference on my installation is that I use Enoch and my BIOS is set to legacy mode.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, Indeed I don't believe this either. I removed msata and I isolated the problem to the following which acknowledge the kextcache problem.

I need to do in single user / kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel / kextcache -system-caches. After that I can reboot as many times as I like. However when i shutdown the system completely i need to starter the whole process again. So it looks when I choose shutdown something regarding the kextcaching mechanism triggers something to be unable to boot the next time. 

I found out that there is a difference in the exit procedure shutdown or reboot. When you choose to shutdown or reboot the following is happening:

Sandbox: rm(500) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-unlink /private/tmp/NVRAM/nvram.plist
Sandbox: bash(501) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-create /private/tmp/NVRAM/nvram.plist
Sandbox: chflags(502) System Policy: allow(0) file-write-flags /private/tmp/NVRAM/nvram.plist

Can this be the issue?

What about the SIP settings? Now I use : 

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x3</string>

and CSR status gives :

Dell-Latitude-E7440-OSX:~ admin$ sudo csrutil status
Password:
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
	Apple Internal: disabled
	Kext Signing: disabled
	Filesystem Protections: disabled
	Debugging Restrictions: enabled
	DTrace Restrictions: enabled
	NVRAM Protections: enabled

Yes I had that value too. I decided to change it to 0x3 but it didn't do the trick. I even found out now that when I shutdown the e7440 and try repeating booting it will boot after 5 - 6 times so I'm really out of options and ideas. Somebody at Insanelymac told me that he had this laptop too and he was telling me that the e7440 had tons of issues. He also stated that maybe go for just 10.10.2 and don't update was an option. Can someone clarifies his statement why 10.10.2 is a good option? He told me that with 10.10.2 the video card would work OOB...

Thanks for your reply,
Which bios version ?
Specific other settings changed in Bios instead of Bios Defaults -> SATA to AHCI and enable Legacy Mode too ?
What do you use on mSata OSX or windows ?
What do you use on SATA OSX or windows ?
Can you share your /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches  content ?
Can you share your clover config?
Can you share your EFI folder ?
Which kexts did you added to L/E?
Which kexts did you added to S / L / E ?

Thank you !

Thanks for your reply,

Which bios version ?A16 

Specific other settings changed in Bios instead of Bios Defaults -> SATA to AHCI and enable Legacy Mode too ? boot list option to UEFI

What do you use on mSata OSX or windows ?both

What do you use on SATA OSX or windows ?backup of el capitan

Can you share your /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches  content ?print screen attached

Can you share your clover config?attached

Can you share your EFI folder ?to big file

Which kexts did you added to L/E? LE print screen attached

Which kexts did you added to S / L / E ?6 print screen attached

Thank you !

hope this will help

post-2663-0-70554200-1458414351_thumb.png

post-2663-0-04731600-1458422911_thumb.png

config.plist.txt

post-2663-0-06622700-1458423687_thumb.png