[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

• Moderators

No need to restart, just replace those 3 items as mentioned overwriting the existing one. Then copy HFSPlus.efi from EFI_Clover to the hidden partition drivers64UEFI folder and you're done.

I will make the post #2 more clearer. The bootpack consists of the EFI_Clover combine with the files for your system.

Eureka! Thank you Jake, following your recent posts I have successfully complete a clean installation of El Capitan on my Dell Latitude E7440.

However I must have misinterpreted one or two of your steps along the way as I still have to boot from my USB drive into Clover and then select Macintosh SSD to boot from my internal hard drive. I assume that having completed the post-installation steps correctly I should be able to dispense with the USB and from power up boot automatically into El Capitan from my SSD?

I am confident that I have completed the Prep & Installation stages correctly and the problem is more than likely in my Post-Installation implementation some where.

Of steps 3:5 to 3:10 can you advise which one could be causing the problem and how would i go about checking.

• Moderators

Sounds like you didn't copy the EFI folder to replace the EFI folder in the hidden EFI partition.

Launch Clover Configurator. Select Mount EFI. Make sure to select the correct disk #

If you have mounted the SSD EFI partition correctly, it should show a gray EFI drive in Finder, if you mounted the USB EFI partition, it'll show a yellow EFI drive on Finder.

Once mounted and verified it's the correct partition, copy the EFI (bootpack you created in the USB drive) to the SSD EFI partition.