[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Hi All!

I install Yosemite this method my (7240 i7 FHD Touch)

Clover boot time slow as hell :(

When i boot, see the progressbar after 2-3 sec, but this point mouse is appear, screen have lot of white dots, and still here for 30-40 sec before the login screen appears :(

Also very slow mission control animations, sluggish animations, etc...

I repatched my DSDT, SSDT but same...

I have QE/CI, 1500MB vRam for video, but still sloooow...

Mavericks in another external disk with Chameleon, works like a charm... (need patched mach_kernel for haswell, not released for Yosemite :( )

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

rob

Hi All!

I install Yosemite this method my (7240 i7 FHD Touch)

Clover boot time slow as hell :(

When i boot, see the progressbar after 2-3 sec, but this point mouse is appear, screen have lot of white dots, and still here for 30-40 sec before the login screen appears :(

Also very slow mission control animations, sluggish animations, etc...

I repatched my DSDT, SSDT but same...

I have QE/CI, 1500MB vRam for video, but still sloooow...

Mavericks in another external disk with Chameleon, works like a charm... (need patched mach_kernel for haswell, not released for Yosemite :( )

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

rob

Could you post your DSDT and SSDT? I am unable to make my E7240 i7-4600U FHD touch to have QE/CI.

Wany to look at your set up

Just wanted to say thanks for the great information in this thread.

I did a fresh install from a 10.9.3 app store download, and everything works pretty well.

Audio is still an issue, as you only get white noise from the headphone jack, but I think there might be a way to fix this now.

Will post back if I get it working.

Interestingly, my DW1550 (BCM94352) card seems to work out of the box.

It worked following initial install, before adding any other drivers. I thought that DSDT injection would be required, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

It also sees the 5.0GHz band on my router, which I thought required a locale change for the card. 

Has 10.9.3 changed something?

Bluetooth doesn't work currently, but I know there is a method to get this up and running now.

All in all, I think the E7440 is going to make a very good Hackintosh. :D

Just wanted to say thanks for the great information in this thread.

I did a fresh install from a 10.9.3 app store download, and everything works pretty well.

Audio is still an issue, as you only get white noise from the headphone jack, but I think there might be a way to fix this now.

Will post back if I get it working.

Interestingly, my DW1550 (BCM94352) card seems to work out of the box.

It worked following initial install, before adding any other drivers. I thought that DSDT injection would be required, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

It also sees the 5.0GHz band on my router, which I thought required a locale change for the card. 

Has 10.9.3 changed something?

Bluetooth doesn't work currently, but I know there is a method to get this up and running now.

All in all, I think the E7440 is going to make a very good Hackintosh. :D

All supported wifi card will work oob for my install guide.

Have hit a bit of a problem with my install.

I've been trying to install the alternative ALPS trackpad driver from here.

The instructions in the thread, and also on RehabMan's wiki are incomplete, but I did eventually manage to get it installed.

What I did was this:

1) Copy VoodooPS2Daemon and synapticsconfigload into /usr/bin.

2) Put org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist and org.voodoo.driver.synapticsconfigload.plist into /Library/Launchdaemons.

3) Double click on pref pane, and install for just my user (I've also tried with all users).

4) Use kext wizard to install kernel extension (VoodooPS2Controller.kext).

5) Using kext wizard repair permissions and rebuild kext cache.

6) Reboot.

This seems to work just fine, but none of the advanced features of the touchpad are enabled.

No multitouch gestures, or two finger scrolling etc.

I tried the debug version of the drivers, and I did then see in the log the following error:

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller failed to load (0xdc008017).

Now, the instructions for installing say to make sure there are no other PS2 related kexts in /System/Library/Extensions.

I checked in there, and also in /Extra/Extensions before installing, and there was nothing.

I therefore removed the driver by doing the following (as root):

1) rm -rf on VoodooPS2Daemon and synapticsconfigload

2) rm -rf on VoodooPS2Controller.kext

3) rm -rf on org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist and org.voodoo.driver.synapticsconfigload.plist

4) Using kext wizard, rebuild kext cache and fix permissions.

5) Reboot.

6) Rebuild kext cache and fix permissions.

7) Reboot.

Those last two might be redundant, but I wasn't sure if the kext still being resident in memory was an issue for rebuilding the cache, and kextunload would't work.

However, following reboot, if I do a kextstat, then I see:

35    0 0xffffff7f8252b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

52    1 0xffffff7f82550000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller (1.1.5) <7 5 4 3 1>

59    0 0xffffff7f82558000 0x3000     0x3000     org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0) <52 30 7 6 5 4 3 1>

60    0 0xffffff7f8255b000 0x4000     0x4000     com.Apple.driver.PS2Mouse (1.2.0) <30 5 4 3>

I can only assume that these drivers are coming from /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 and 10.10.

This is where my confusion comes in, as the clover wiki says that these drivers are only used as part of the boot process, and don't come into play once OSX is booted. This doesn't seem to be true.

At this point, I'm assuming it's the presence of these drivers which is preventing the new touchpad driver from loading.

The question is, how do I fix this?

In addition, since removing the alternative touchpad driver, I'm now finding that I get a window popping up for the blueooth setup assistant saying that there isn't a keyboard connected. The keyboard works just fine, though.

I've also tried:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

following by a rebuild using kext wizard and reboot. The problem remains.

Any help would be much appreciated.