Dell Latitude E6520 Problems on both 10.8.5 and 10.9

GrandMstrBud

• Moderators

Everything installed fine this time. At the end I got installation failed though but it still booted up after I rebooted (I think I read somewhere it may do this). Anyway I plugged it into the ethernet because WiFi wasn't working and download and ran the EDP app. Went to reboot and it won't boot now. I did the "build my own" per the instructions and selected 6520 without NVidia because I didn't see the 6420 without NVidia as an option. Well back to square one but hey I'm further than before. Not sure what WiFi card is in there, probably Dell or Intel I'd assume

Boot with your USB installer, select utilities->myHack

Select Install Extra and point it to the Extra in the USB drive. Skip EDP. You have all the files you needed from the boot pack.

Once booted, launch terminal and run lspci -nn. Post the output here 

Most likely it has an Intel Wireless that's not supported. You'll need to replace it. Click on the link on my signature that said Wireless Cards. It has all the cards that's been tested to work or not work.

Anything else not working, post it here.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boot with your USB installer, select utilities->myHack

Select Install Extra and point it to the Extra in the USB drive. Skip EDP. You have all the files you needed from the boot pack.

Once booted, launch terminal and run lspci -nn. Post the output here 

Most likely it has an Intel Wireless that's not supported. You'll need to replace it. Click on the link on my signature that said Wireless Cards. It has all the cards that's been tested to work or not work.

Anything else not working, post it here.

I'm back up and running and did not run the EDP this time. I did point to the Extra folder on the USB drive during installation. Do I need to do that again? Seems as if the video is a little laggy. 

• Moderators

Pauls-MacBook-Pro:~ Paul$ lspci -nn
lspci: Cannot find any working access method.
Pauls-MacBook-Pro:~ Paul$ 

is lspcidrv.kext not loading in Extra/Extension?

run myHack/myfix (quick) to repair cache. Reboot and run lspci -nn again

Is iMessage supposed to work on this? 

Click on iMessage on my signature file below to link to a fix if it's not working.

I'm not sure on the is lspcidrv.kext not loading in Extra/Extension. I ran the extra from myhack and selected the folder and hit open and it did it's thing. Is there a file in the extra folder I select or just open the folder? I was on the right track with the iMessage I'll have to check that next.

• Moderators

I'm not sure on the is lspcidrv.kext not loading in Extra/Extension. I ran the extra from myhack and selected the folder and hit open and it did it's thing. Is there a file in the extra folder I select or just open the folder? I was on the right track with the iMessage I'll have to check that next.

run command to see if it's loaded. Check Extra/Extension to see if it's there also.

kextstat -l | grep 'lspcidrv' 

Ran the myfix from the USB again and same thing

Pauls-MacBook-Pro:~ Paul$ kextstat -l | grep 'lspcidrv'

Also on the iMessage, there is no nvram.plist file generated. 

3. Reboot so a NVRAM file can be generated

4. Get your PlatformUUID: In terminal type:

ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

5. One you have your UUID, go to Extra and there should be a nvram.blah12345.plist file generated, open it with textedit

auls-MacBook-Pro:~ Paul$ ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID
    |   "IOPlatformUUID" = "C2EFFDFD-E29D-5B3D-A0EA-4EE1DB31A1B2"

• Moderators

Ran the myfix from the USB again and same thing

Pauls-MacBook-Pro:~ Paul$ kextstat -l | grep 'lspcidrv'

Also on the iMessage, there is no nvram.plist file generated. 

3. Reboot so a NVRAM file can be generated

4. Get your PlatformUUID: In terminal type:

ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

5. One you have your UUID, go to Extra and there should be a nvram.blah12345.plist file generated, open it with textedit

auls-MacBook-Pro:~ Paul$ ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

No. Run myfix from your system, not USB, and point to the root /. This will repair permission and cache.

For nvram, download Chameleon Wizard (latest version 4.3.2), launch it. Go to the Modules tab, select FileNVRAM.dylib and apply it. Reboot your system.

Did all that and same results. 

Last login: Tue Apr 15 22:46:47 on console

iMessage however works. Bluetooth setup pops up on every reboot and you have to hit enter on the keyboard to get it to boot up as it doesn't boot directly into the OSX