Video Problem on D620

smergs

I updated my D620 recently to 10.6.8 and it has been working flawlessly. Until I made THE mistake.

I'm new to hackintosh and I've been reading a lot about hackintoshes and experimenting with different things. I came across the tonycrapx86 Nvidia update 2.1.0 and thought I would try it to see if I had better video performance that way. Before doing that it was working perfectly fine by using edp 1.8.

So the issue is I'm stuck 1024 x 768 resolution. I was at 1280 x 800. I tried rerunning edp 1.8 and also 1.9 but I'm getting no where. The biggest problem is I just don't understand Mac OS or kexts. I'm sure if I understood kext a little better I may be able to get it back to the way it was before. The nvidia update did make a back up of the current kexts to my desktop.

I did do a time machine backup to an external hard drive so I can use that or just reinstall completely if I have to. My external hard drive is sitting at work and I'm at home though. So if I want it fixed tonight I can either reinstall or see if someone on here has a solution. :)

Thanks for any help.

That did the trick. Thanks so much!

One more question you may or may not be able to answer. On this particular laptop the text in the menu bar at the top appears to be highlighted in a purpleish color instead of blue. Is that related to the hardware specifically (the lcd) or is it that the video drivers(kext) still aren't perfected?

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

One more question. Something that I have noticed on this system when the video hardware acceleration appears to be working is that the text in the menu at the top appears to be highlighted in more of a purpleish color instead of blue. Is that an issue with the colors on the LCD or is it that the video drivers are not quiet perfected as they would be on an actual mac?

I can post a screenshot if needed.

I'll post one tonight. I'll probably take an actual picture instead of a screenshot. I suspect a screenshot will appear to have the correct colors if viewed on another computer compared to actually taking a picture with a camera. I may be wrong though.

Actually, I'm not going to worry about it. I was looking at a co-workers brand new 27 inch iMac at work today and his appears to be the same color. My wifes older macbook (with an older version of osx) may be to blame for the confusion.