Installation hangs at "one minute remaining" (aka where myHack does its thing)

isquarer

Specs:

Latitude e5420

i5 2520M

HD 3000

Bios: A14

NIC: Broadcom 57xx

Install target is 300 GB external eSATA drive

EDIT: OSX 10.9.2

I prepared the myHack install disk and everything completed without issue. During the install itself, everything is fine up until the "one minute left" where it hangs indefinitely. I can reboot and enter into safe without issues, but myHack can't run in safe (since only limited kexts can be loaded). 

I've tried booting into the install disk again with -f (or else the install disk thinks it is in safe mode) , but it hangs on the spinning pinwheel and I end up with a crash.

Is there a way to run myHack from -s? 

Should I plug the external into another Mac and run myHack from there?

Also, is there a way to delete all but the minimum kexts so I can do a normal boot and load my needed kexts manually?

Thanks for the help!

• Moderators

Specs:

Latitude e5420

i5 2520M

HD 3000

Bios: A12

I prepared the myHack install disk and everything completed without issue. During the install itself, everything is fine up until the "one minute left" where it hangs indefinitely. I can reboot and enter into safe without issues, but myHack can't run in safe (since only limited kexts can be loaded). 

I've tried booting into the install disk again with -f (or else the install disk thinks it is in safe mode) , but it hangs on the spinning pinwheel and I end up with a crash.

Also, is there a way to delete all but the minimum kexts so I can do a normal boot and load my needed kexts manually?

Thanks for the help!

boot into Safemode, launch terminal from Utilities. run myfix -t / -q then reboot

rals2007

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

We cant do anything unless you post the install log

Attached are the logs that looked interesting. Let me know if there are other ones you wanted.

boot into Safemode, launch terminal from Utilities. run myfix -t / -q then reboot

Thanks for the advice, I was able to run it. I'm not yet able to do a full boot though (photos of -v boot attached).

Here are some of the more severe looking errors:

hfs: Removed 10 orphaned / unlinked files and 44 directories
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR MSDS kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fHashKeyTable=0x0xffffff80119b6740
Resetting IOCatalogue.
SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR MSDS kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fHashKeyTable=0x0xffffff80119b6740
SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully. (failedCommandInfo = 0x1)

Should I move over to the post install forum? Also, do you know how to delete all but the core kexts? The only thing I need besides the safe boot kexts is the exfat kext (which you can't load in safe mode  unfortunately).

2014.04.14.U0.G80 copy.txt

2014.04.14.U501 copy.txt

authd copy.txt

install copy.txt

post-56314-0-69974500-1397621584_thumb.jpg

post-56314-0-46453800-1397621600_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Specs:

Latitude e5420

i5 2520M

HD 3000

Bios: A12

Thanks for the help!

What bootpack did you use?

Have you look at this post

Make sure to set your BIOS to the default, apply and then go back to set SATA Operations to AHCI.

What bootpack did you use?

Have you look at this post

Make sure to set your BIOS to the default, apply and then go back to set SATA Operations to AHCI.

Unbelievable! I've been trying for 100+ hours and that boot pack was what finally did it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Do y'all take PayPal/Google Wallet or is it just Bitcoins?

For those reading this in the future, the full steps I took were:

1. Update to most recent BIOS (A14 at writing)
  2. Reset BIOS to default
  3. prepare your USB as per the install guides
  4. do the install as per the guides and if it hangs at the "one minute remaining" give it some time, but if it is still at the stage after 10+ reset (power button for 4 seconds)
  5. Boot to USB again and select your newly created install partition and enter the -x flag to boot into safe mode
  6. From another Mac, copy the boot pack from Jake Lo's post onto a HFS+ formatted USB (Mac OS Extended Journaled) and plug that into your hackintosh-to-be.
  7. Copy the folders from the flash drive into the folder "Extra" on your instal drive (not your usb stick).
  8. Open the terminal and type "cd /Volumes/myHack\ OS\ X\ 10.9.2\ Install\ Disk/myHack.app/Contents/Resources"
  9. Type myfix -t / -q (this will reboot your system when it is done)
  10. On your next boot, boot to your instal drive and you should be good to go!

------Sent from my brand new Hackbook-------