Lion on Dell d620

Manu

Hey guys,

i just noticed this forum while googling for some

help with 10.6.8 on my Dell D620 (i guess with Intel grafics).

Now i just wanted to know if there's a "simple" way how to install

Lion on my Computer?

Thanks for any help and sorry for my bad english!

Hallo again!

I have some strange problems.

I'am unable to start the download.

An error attemps which explains, that Lion need a CPU like...

I do have an Intel Core 2 Duo with 1,83GHz.

Any ideas to fix this?!

Same here..

My D620 running 10.6.6 rejects the Lion installer, saying it requires certain processors, including Intel Core2Duo (which it is).

I tried doing all the hackwork on my real iMac using an external USB hard drive (has been my method for SnowLeopard-on-D620),

then booting from the drive on the Dell...

black screen

Same result using EDP, multifail, MyHack or vanilla install + Extra

Same result when I try my magic Extra folder that took me a month to perfect.

(I am aware that Lion doesn't use mkext, so I use the boot cache string in com.chameleon.boot.plist).

The main issue on my Dell was strangely always the GMA950 27A2 (strange, because it's the one used in MacBooks from the same period). In the end I think it was the efi string that fixed it, but also maybe in combo with many other combinations of kexts, boot.plist strings, DSDT, and a GMA950 ROM which I found in a dark corner of the internet.

I've attached the Extra folder - it works like magic for that specific setup (D620 GMA950 27A2 + MacOS 10.6.6).

Apart from someone maybe finding it useful, it may also give a clue about my Dell and why it won't accept Lion.

Thanks in advance :)

Hallo again!

I have some strange problems.

I'am unable to start the download.

An error attemps which explains, that Lion need a CPU like...

I do have an Intel Core 2 Duo with 1,83GHz.

Any ideas to fix this?!

• Like 1

Are you sure you have a C2D CPU? A lot of the D620 have a T2400 1,87GHz Core Duo CPU witch doesn't support Lion.

Same here..

My D620 running 10.6.6 rejects the Lion installer, saying it requires certain processors, including Intel Core2Duo (which it is).

I tried doing all the hackwork on my real iMac using an external USB hard drive (has been my method for SnowLeopard-on-D620),

then booting from the drive on the Dell...

black screen

Same result using EDP, multifail, MyHack or vanilla install + Extra

Same result when I try my magic Extra folder that took me a month to perfect.

(I am aware that Lion doesn't use mkext, so I use the boot cache string in com.chameleon.boot.plist).

The main issue on my Dell was strangely always the GMA950 27A2 (strange, because it's the one used in MacBooks from the same period). In the end I think it was the efi string that fixed it, but also maybe in combo with many other combinations of kexts, boot.plist strings, DSDT, and a GMA950 ROM which I found in a dark corner of the internet.

I've attached the Extra folder - it works like magic for that specific setup (D620 GMA950 27A2 + MacOS 10.6.6).

Apart from someone maybe finding it useful, it may also give a clue about my Dell and why it won't accept Lion.

Thanks in advance :)

As Baldoo mentioned: even if system profiler shows it's a core 2 duo, it might be not. Check it with cpu-x (mac), or cpu-z (windows). Core Duo is a 32-bit CPU, which not supports Lion. But you can upgrade it to a core 2 duo T5500, T5600, T7200, T7400 or T7600.

• Administrators

weird that EDP does not work for you simba as your package is based off of EDP. have you tried a newer chameleon rev? they have built graphics detection into it. latest as of writing this is 1447.

this shows in my bdmesg

Intel Mobile GMA950 [8086:27a2] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

As Baldoo mentioned: even if system profiler shows it's a core 2 duo, it might be not. Check it with cpu-x (mac), or cpu-z (windows). Core Duo is a 32-bit CPU, which not supports Lion. But you can upgrade it to a core 2 duo T5500, T5600, T7200, T7400 or T7600.

What about a T7500?