E6330 wont even start to install, using E6430 boot method

Hatchet92882

OK, it worked.....Sorta! It did install and boot but 1. I had to use a seperate hard drive, witch it really optimal but I want my windows too, it wanted me to format the whole hard drive to guid, I'm not willing to loose my Windows! 2. the video is really messed up, not really sure whats up, but I'm sure it easy fix. 3. the wifi doesn't work but I know its not going too, without another wifi card (no money to get another one)

Again, if you can fill in some of the blanks, we can be of more help. What processor have you got, and which graphics do you have, HD3000 or HD4000? You likely have an Intel Wi-Fi card, so yes, it will need to be replaced. Look at the link in post #10 and go to section 2b, it gives you instructions for booting your Windows install from AHCI mode, eliminating the need to switch each time you boot a different OS.  Try booting into myHack (it will be in your Applications folder now) and choose to run myFix (the Full version) to see if that helps the graphics. Also update Chameleon (easy was is to install Chameleon Wizard).

• Moderators

OK, it worked.....Sorta! It did install and boot but 1. I had to use a seperate hard drive, witch it really optimal but I want my windows too, it wanted me to format the whole hard drive to guid, I'm not willing to loose my Windows! 2. the video is really messed up, not really sure whats up, but I'm sure it easy fix. 3. the wifi doesn't work but I know its not going too, without another wifi card (no money to get another one)

1. Windows 7 sp1 64bit can be install on GUID partition

2. Like my E6230, BIOS A12 causes artifacts. Downgrade to A11 as in Darvinko's guide.

3. You can get a DW1510 for less than $20 in Ebay.

1. Windows 7 sp1 64bit can be install on GUID partition

2. Like my E6230, BIOS A12 causes artifacts. Downgrade to A11 as in Darvinko's guide.

3. You can get a DW1510 for less than $20 in Ebay.

can i make the hard drive guid without re-installing. I'm going to have to look up that guide.

If you are currently unable to reinstall Windows, it will be easier to follow the guide I mentioned. After you are able to download/borrow Windows you can install both OS's on one drive using your current key. Boot into Windows and at the Dell splash screen, it will indicate your current BIOS version along the bottom of the screen. If you need to downgrade the BIOS you can from Dell's website. 

If you are currently unable to reinstall Windows, it will be easier to follow the guide I mentioned. 

I don't want to go through all that trouble, it want me to format to get GUID partition, I don't want to format my windows, yea i could back it up but...

• Moderators

Ok, I downgraded to bios A11 and the video issues went away! Now I have a belkin 54g usb internet adapter, is there a kest or something for that

please be more specific about the adapter, the exact model and chipset.