Dell Inspirion 15 3521,Mavericks

yadnesh

I have used MyHack app to install Mavericks on my dell laptop,i had to use safe mode  to boot into usb installer otherwise i would just have an apple logo grey screen with cursor spinning...but now after installation i still have to boot from safe mode that too with instllaller USB plugged in(gives some GPT0 error otherwise)

also is this machine already being supported? 

Specs: Brand/Family 3rd generation Intel® Coreâ„¢ i5-3337U
CPU Speed 1.8 GHz
Cache Memory 3 MB
Turbo Boost Up To 2.7 GHz
RAM Type DDR3
Installed RAM 4 GB
Drives
Hard Drive Type HDD
Hard Drive Capacity 500 GB
Rotational speed(RPM) 5400RPM
Hard Drive Connection SATA
CD/DVD Drive SuperMulti DVD±R/RW support
Memory card reader Multimedia Card Reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC,MS,MS Pro,MSXC,MMC,MMC+)
Graphic Card VGA Brand Intel®+AMD radeon 7670M

Screen Screen Type TruLife® TFT display with LED backlighting
Screen Resolution 1366 x 768
Screen Size 15.6 inch
High Definition HD

Internet
Bluetooth Bluetooth® 4.0 + LE
LAN Integrated 10/100 M Ethernet LAN
WiFi Yes,IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Interface USB 2 x USB 3.0 2 x USB 2.0

HDMI HDMI 1.4a
Audio Ports headphone (stereo)/external microphone composite

EDIT: attached system dump

system dump.zip

• Administrators

Try and disable your discrete video card or the integrated GPU in BIOS to see if it makes any difference.

Also, do try and identify your exact wireless card model as Intel cards are unsupported and not all Broadcom/Atheros/Realtek/others are supported.

well been through many websites and whole of bios couldn't find any option to disable GPU though i have it in my desktop BIOS,is there any boot flag that i could pass in to do that?

what could be other way to get around the problem? is it that /Extra folder was wrong?

• Administrators

Don't get confused: making a donation is in no way linked to providing support. This not the way OSXL operates.

You'll get support along your own research path by posting your own trials and findings. Naturally, it helps if the crew of an existing forum member has a similar model to yours, but if it's not the case, you need to be patient I'm afraid...

no i am used to getting this work usually , i have had tripple booting system with mac,win,linux on an atom procesor netbook and even on my desktop i use hackintosh,so point that i am trying make is i know how one gets something like this done...but i also need a more stable system this time once installation gets done properly and for that i need support from u guys , i knw today or tomm this will get installed..

• Administrators

Re: GPT0 error, that sounds like the good old 4K sector issue and you will find the fix for that with a search on the forum.

Regarding the stuck spinning wheel under Apple logo, the best is to boot with -v option and post us the details of where things appear to hang in the boot process.