New comer brand new to EDL's and such

PaulL

Howdy all!!

I've built one hackintosh, and I used tonycrapx86's method for installing it, and it's almost flawless now.

So I thought I'd try my hand at hacking a laptop. I tried everything I could think of to get it working, but no mater what I did, I got a kernel panic while leopard was trying to boot from the disc.

I set the bios properly (as far as I can tell) and tried safe book and ignore flags -x -F, but it still crashes.

So I found this site, and am most hopeful, but I can't figure out exactly what an EDL is. Do I use it to do something to the bios itself, or is something that I do post instal (Like multifail)?

It's a Dell D630 with intel graphics, though I'm not sure exactly which one. It has XP running on it right now, and has bios version A17.

I'm completely new to this forum, so any help I can get will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Paul

I did some more research on the Wiki, and downloaded and installed the custom BIOS D630 GMA and flashed the bios. That all worked fine, s then I went ahead and turned off all wireless related settings, and switched the hard drive mode to AHCI. I tried booting using tonycrapx86's iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) disk, and then at the prompt screen, ejected that and inserted OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.7. Here's what I got.

img5842m.jpg

img5844d.jpg

img5848x.jpg

img5845c.jpg

img5839xm.jpg

Here's an update. I turned off just about everything that isn't necessary to installation, and booted in verbose, safe and ignore all flags, and am able to get to this screen:

img5851g.jpg

I've left it there for about ten minutes, and it doesn't get any ware. Also, at this point I'm using an external keyboard and mouse.

Ok, so now it's installed and rebooted, inserted the Boot 132 disk, and got into OSX! I then ran EDP for D630 Intel graphics. I then restarted the computer and now it hangs at the white apple screen with the loading spinner. Any ideas as to why it's doing this?

Paul

Ok, here's the verbose ending. There were some yellow lines of text that went by saying that it couldn't load certain kexts, but they didn't stop long enough for me to get a picture.

img8498ra.jpg

Now, I do have about 6 partitions on the main drive (HD, HD2, HD3 Etc) with a base install of OSX 10.5 installed on them. Because every time I installed the EDL's, it wouldn't boot of that copy, so then I'd have to re-install it, and that takes about half an hour, so this way, if one stops working, I can just move onto the next.

I should also mention that I can still boot from the Boot132 disk into any of the partitions, so I can still access all of them, I just can't boot from any of the hard drive partitions.

• Administrators

ok what version of osx are you loading... EDP is intended for 10.6 and up... not 10.4 or 10.5.. EDP has no yellow kexts must be the version of os your using thats conflicting. you should be able to install 10.6 and edp with no issues