Graphics intel hd 4000 issue

durga

To be honest, pokenguyen, he is probably using my DSDT which is patched for the Inspiron 3520 with Intel HD 3000 graphics. He's using my /Extra that he got from my guide. 

He should probably remove it and create his own. If he does, I'd like to have a copy of it (patched) so I can add it to the guide for the HD 4000 models.

Yes, me too. Even still, in the case of my HD 3000, I have to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and rename AppleIntelFramebufferCapri in order to make it work, even with a DSDT patch. 

@durga: Remove my DSDT.aml from /Extra and download MacIASL from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/

Run MacIASL and do the following:

Make the preferences look like this:

2biYUfW.png

Close MacIASL and re-open it. Then click File>Save As and make sure you select this: 

SJRnL3j.png

Then upload it here. I'm sure me and pokenguyen (if he is willing to help!) can patch it for your graphics.

• Like 1

@bobdamnit: I checked your Extra pack and I see no IMEI injection there, maybe that's why you still need to patch kexts?

Anyway, If durga is using HD4000 + HM75 chipset, he does not need to inject IMEI or changing the kexts, because he already has it right. What he needs is right bootflag or Graphics injection + Vanilla kexts.

No, I did not do the IMEI injection patch because it cause a boatload of errors that I couldn't figure out (4 different "screens" on my screen with stock kexts). All I did was the _PLD Buffer fix, rename GFX0 to IGPU and perform the brightness patch so that clamshell sleep worked, as well as my FN+F4/5 buttons for brightness worked. 

Also, the Inspiron 3520 does use the HM75 chipset. 

I sure hope durga comes back though, because I'd like to get his machine working and add his steps to my guide so that all variations of the 3520 are covered.

bobdamnit, on 04 May 2014 - 9:28 PM, said:

No, I did not do the IMEI injection patch because it cause a boatload of errors that I couldn't figure out (4 different "screens" on my screen with stock kexts). All I did was the _PLD Buffer fix, rename GFX0 to IGPU and perform the brightness patch so that clamshell sleep worked, as well as my FN+F4/5 buttons for brightness worked. 

Also, the Inspiron 3520 does use the HM75 chipset. 

I sure hope durga comes back though, because I'd like to get his machine working and add his steps to my guide so that all variations of the 3520 are covered.

Try this

DSDT.aml.zip

Ok, I'll give it a shot. Will report back on status!

Edit:

That destroyed graphics. The Intel HD 3000 now uses AppleIntelFramebufferCapri, so I renamed that back to stock and dropped your DSDT into place and ran myHack (Full) and rebooted. Here's the results:

PrGXzni.png

LuRnCUR.png

With massive amounts of artifact/tearing. :(