Latitude E6520 (10.9.2): Atheros AR5BHB112 does not detect networks, keyboard layout is not saved.

atgm

Two problems:

Wireless Cannot Find Networks

I installed an Atheros AR5BHB112 as recommended on the supported/unsupported card thread. It is detected but cannot find wireless networks. I tried to manually enter my wireless network information, but it could not find it/connect in either clear or WEP modes. My SSID is not hidden.

lspci -nn returns:

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300 Wireless LAN adaptor [168c:0030] (rev 01)

I've tried running MyFix quick and full and have rebooted several times with no success.

The old Dell card had two antenna hookups for ch 1 and 2; I attached those to ch 1 and 2 on the Atheros card. There was a third cable that was unused; I attached that to ch 0 on the Atheros card. Is this where I went wrong?

Keyboard Layout Is Not Saved

I use a Japanese keyboard layout. When I reboot, the computer reverts to a US layout and I have to go to Keyboard Settings to redetect it. Is there a way to permanently set it to a Japanese layout?