Lenovo T430 Installation

surfmk

Crash!

I'm afraid I get an almost instant crash report when attempting MBR patched install... (after choosing language)

crash report uploaded to my website:

http://www.pmdavey.co.uk/

Anyone had this before / offer any help?

I take it that I don't need to format the USB installer as MBR...?

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi, I read that OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstall need to be altered to get MBR working (I saw a good youtube video:

...showing use of xcode).

Just wondering if these files have already been modified by someone else to save re-inventing the wheel so to speak?

Not found the perl script yet.

I would have thought this might have been well-trodden ground but maybe not many need dual boot on 1 drive?

Thanks for any replies...

Paul.

OK - found a good solution:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/145-mavericks-mbr-patch/

This is a download that patches above files via terminal window.

I've done this to an install key already MBR patched and it appears to have worked so far... at least it's installing now.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction again,

Paul.

OK - that all worked OK.

Only difference was a message that ACPIApple something-or-other kext was incorrectly implemented.

I ran the MyHack utility and removed troublesome kexts in the hope this sorts that issue.

Otherwise, I'm up and running with Mavericks EPD T430 on MBR.

Paul.

Just a quick update to round things off.

(This will probably be my last post on this thread.)

Successfully created a dual booting Mavericks / Windows 7 MBR drive.

I tried the active partition fdisk440 new MBR / Flag change but system would not boot at all...

So my solution was:

1. Acronis DiskDirector: Removed active flag on win 7 installation

2. Acronis true image: reinstate saved image of mavericks installation (Disk0p1 - sector by sector)

So, now I had my win7 on disk0P2 with no MBR or active flags.... and the original OSX MBR was reinstated allowing for OS choice.

System now boots with Chameleon OS choice :)

Obviously if you know what you're doing there are better ways but this made sense and worked.

By the way, in DD, you can't unmark a partition as active. Neither can you make OSX partition active as DD doesn't recognise OSX partition scheme, so best to make a quick temporary volume (might need to resize your win7 partition) - make it active and delete it.

Paul.

(signing off this thread!)

Just a quick update to round things off.

(This will probably be my last post on this thread.)

Successfully created a dual booting Mavericks / Windows 7 MBR drive.

I tried the active partition fdisk440 new MBR / Flag change but system would not boot at all...

So my solution was:

1. Acronis DiskDirector: Removed active flag on win 7 installation

2. Acronis true image: reinstate saved image of mavericks installation (Disk0p1 - sector by sector)

So, now I had my win7 on disk0P2 with no MBR or active flags.... and the original OSX MBR was reinstated allowing for OS choice.

System now boots with Chameleon OS choice :)

Obviously if you know what you're doing there are better ways but this made sense and worked.

By the way, in DD, you can't unmark a partition as active. Neither can you make OSX partition active as DD doesn't recognise OSX partition scheme, so best to make a quick temporary volume (might need to resize your win7 partition) - make it active and delete it.

Paul.

(signing off this thread!)

Hi ,

I went to here for searching the reference of T430 2349's VGA port support for my Mavericks.

just would like to share something here from my experience after reading your pursuing:

1. install on MBR disk for multi boot of win7 and Mountain lion . in win7, install easyboot boot loader to start either WIN7 or MAC.

I repackaged the default Easyboot ISO file to append my T430 required drivers.

2. install Macericks on GPT partitioned external USB USB DISK/thumbdrive, since mavericks doesn't support MBR disk installation, but if you managed to copy everything of Mevericks from external to internal MBR disk, also got MBR mountain lion bootable, you should be able to load Mecericks from MBR as well. but I haven't tested this. I just noticed my mountain lion boot loader also can boot mevericks .

additionally, you don't need to disable virtualization in BIOS, if you need to use virtual box to create 64bit windows 7 running in mountain lion or mavericks. just use chameleon boot kernel flag: dart=0

so my T430 works smoothly on mavericks 10.9.3 mountain lion 10.8.5 .together with one linux distribution mans windows 7.

I managed to get nvidia graphic driver support in mountain lion, but can't for mavericks. also cant use VGA port or minidisc display port for external monitor. bought a wifi adapter for wifi, Bluetooth works well with my Magic Trackpad . if anyone has DSDT way or EFI string to support VGA PORT, please share with me, my user name at gmail for com.