KFP

ExpressCard USB 3.0 controllers

I guess this is a permanent problem. Reading other forums I've learned that the NEC/Renesas chips don't work under OS X 10.11. I've ordered a card with the Fresco Logic FL1100 chip that is supposed to work without trouble. Darn it!

Interestingly, if I remove the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and let OS X use it's own driver the bus shows up in USB. I tried plugging an Apple Mighty Mouse into the card and it shows up. However, the movement is EXTREMELY slow and erratic.

I guess this is a permanent problem. Reading other forums I've learned that the NEC/Renesas chips don't work under OS X 10.11. I've ordered a card with the Fresco Logic FL1100 chip that is supposed to work without trouble. Darn it!

:shock: Really? How about post #11? 

Cards working under Sierra in an identical manner as under EC (no controller listed in SysProfiler). They just require the Generic USB3.0 XHCI kext.

Here the GMYLE adapter:

E6220_GMYLE_USB3.0.jpg

:shock: Really? How about post #11? 

I could never get the Renesas card working in OS X. I finally received the FL1100 card I ordered from China. It came slightly bent though. It seems to work except that when I plug in a USB 3.0 device the card stops work in either OS X or Windows. Works fine when inserting a USB 2.0 device. It seems to work fine if I insert it with the USB 3.0 device already plugged in. Besides that caveat the card works fine in both OS's without any additional drivers.