Help with Dell Latitude e6510 Laptop

Blublaze94

I'm trying to get Mavericks running on my Dell Latitude E6510. I see that there's not even an option for it in your compatibility database here... but there is for e6520. I assume these two can't be too much different, right? Anyway... I have tried all bootflags and serveral different bootloaders. Sometimes I will get the Mac initial setup sounds but a black screen or just the spinning apple logo. When I run verbose all I can see that may be wrong is the applebatterymanagement keeps saying "failed' over and over and over... any suggestions?

• Moderators

I'm trying to get Mavericks running on my Dell Latitude e6150. I see that there's not even an option for it in your compatibility database here... but there is for e6520. I assume these two can't be too much different, right? Anyway... I have tried all bootflags and serveral different bootloaders. Sometimes I will get the Mac initial setup sounds but a black screen or just the spinning apple logo. When I run verbose all I can see that may be wrong is the applebatterymanagement keeps saying "failed' over and over and over... any suggestions?

It's more like the E6410 but with bigger screen and higher resolution.

check this guide. It has the Nvidia graphics, but if you have only the 1st Generation HD Graphics, instructions are under Updates of the same guide.

• Administrators

Patel posted a guide for nVidia-based E6410 a long time ago; did you use it?

@Blubaze94, I suggest you try and follow that guide for your E6510; it's in the Supported Models with Guide section...