E5530 Install Troubles

turdsammiches

Hi everyone,

I've got a Latitude E5530 here that I can't seem to even get to install Mavericks.

I was following the "near vanilla" clover guide for 5X30s but it doesn't work on my machine.

I set everything up in the BIOS as instructed and got to the Clover boot screen. Once Clover was booted, I chose the Install OS X Mavericks option, and I would get then Apple grey screen. After a while the Apple logo then changes to a NO sign (circle with slash through it) and the install screen never loads, it just continues to hang at that point in the grey screen.

My machine has an i5-3230M, 4GB RAM (going to upgrade), 320gb HD, and HD4000 graphics. EDIT: A10 BIOS, 1366x768 resolution.

Any suggestions? I'm not necessarily tied to doing the Clover method, I just want to end up with a native working Mavericks install instead of virtualizing it.

Attempted to make a myhack boot disk instead of going the Clover route.

I followed in the other thread where the OP had a 5530 with the same CPU as myself (but a larger screen) so I downloaded his Extra folder. I removed his EDP and include folder, copied over the extensions and smbios.plist to the my hack installer.

Booting my 5530, I get the same thing happening on the OS X screen. It starts to load the grey Apple screen with the spinning wheel, and then the NO sign appears. No clue where to troubleshoot this now.

I made both install disks on my Mac mini running Mavericks.

• Moderators

Attempted to make a myhack boot disk instead of going the Clover route.

I followed in the other thread where the OP had a 5530 with the same CPU as myself (but a larger screen) so I downloaded his Extra folder. I removed his EDP and include folder, copied over the extensions and smbios.plist to the my hack installer.

Booting my 5530, I get the same thing happening on the OS X screen. It starts to load the grey Apple screen with the spinning wheel, and then the NO sign appears. No clue where to troubleshoot this now.

I made both install disks on my Mac mini running Mavericks.

Have you tried resetting your BIOS to the default and then go back to set SATA Operations to AHCI?

Also try booting with -v mode so you could see where the system fails.