Clevo W840SU

LoopBack

The Clevo W840SU is a low-voltage ultrabook, which allows to easily change hardware components (components are not - as usual for ultrabooks as well as macbooks - soldered onto the motherboard). It is reselled under various names, including Schenker S403, Tuxedo Book UC1402 and Nexoc B401.

BT - not included
WIFI - not included

LAN: Realtek RTL8111 - working, needs kext by Mieze
USB 3.0 - working, may cause crashes without DSDT patch on AppleXHCI
Sound: Realtek ALC282 - working, needs DSDT and AppleHDA patches
QE/CI - working, needs DSDT and SSDT patches
VGA - not included
HDMI - untested

Trackpad: Elantech v3 - working with kext by EMlyDinEsH
Sleep - working, super fast with apsd disabled
Battery - percent working with kext by RehabMan, The battery does not report any discharge information, causes OS X to complain about the battery to be empty, even if it will still last for hours. Easy DSDT work-around is to set a static discharge rate in case battery does not report any.
Camera - working, needs to be enabled using Fn-F10 first.
SD card reader: Realtek - not working

PCI device listing: lspci-nnvv-nowifi.txt IOReg: ioreg.txt
Patched DSDT: DSDT-SSDT.zip - Replace SSDT with table id "SaSsdt " to have QE/CI, DSDT contains patch for BCM4322x Wireless devices

---

I use OS X Mavericks.

After adding my Dell Wireless 1550 Wifi card, i have problems with standby: The notebook wakes up immediately. Since I got bluetooth up and running (using BTFirmwareUploader), wake up is deferred by about 30sec. From the syslog I still suspect bluetooth to cause the problem (wake reason is EHC1 XHC, with no usb device plugged in). I did not have this problem with my Dell laptop running OS X - maybe I'm missing a DSDT method? As I don't need bluetooth, I'd even like solutions, that break Bluetooth in favour of sleep mode.

Thanks in advance.

Please upload an ioreg file using IORegistryExplorer(v2.1 or lower) and System log to take a look at your Sleep issue.

I attached the full ioreg xhc tree and the syslog during sleep and wakeup and sent you the ioreg files via PM (as they contain sensitive data, i'll not upload them publicly)

I also noted that the "sessionID" of the BCM20702A0 reg entry changes after every sleep/wakeup-cycle.

have you tried some of the boot flags if your using the genericusb3 kext? 

I use AppleXHCI right now,  but I tried with various boot flags on GenericXHCI and it did not help.

ioreg_bt.txt

btsleep.txt

I attached the full ioreg xhc tree and the syslog during sleep and wakeup and sent you the ioreg files via PM (as they contain sensitive data, i'll not upload them publicly)

I also noted that the "sessionID" of the BCM20702A0 reg entry changes after every sleep/wakeup-cycle.

I use AppleXHCI right now,  but I tried with various boot flags on GenericXHCI and it did not help.

I need your full system log file from console app after boot/ sleep and your system profiler information(saved from the file menu) so i can confirm about my kext bluetooth kext load and its status about your problem.

Also do these three tests and send me the logs i've asked above:

1) Use AppleXHCI and BluetoothFirmwareUploader kext (v2.3) kext

2) Use GenericXHCI kext (latest version) and BluetoothFirmwareUploader kext (v2.3)

3) Use AppleXHCI and Remove my BluetoothFirmwareUploader kext (v2.3)

4) Use GenericXHCI and Remove BluetoothFirmwareUploader kext (v2.3)

Do you use any DSDT patches for USB? because this is needed for proper sleep.