Help with OSX Dell D630 Installation - ACPI Issues

theampbuilder

I'm a bit stumped at the moment. I have been trying to get OSX installed on a D630. Tried everything from Snow Leopard, Lion,  and Mountain Lion but come up with the same error on trying to boot OSX to start the installation. The error that I get is the following:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n^0/Source ......."

Not sure how to get around this. I've seen where plenty of people have managed to get it installed but I must be missing a step somewhere along the way. Would anyone be able to help?

• Administrators

It seems you would be missing the AppleACPIPlatform kext. Can you check what you have in your Bootpack or /Extra folder? These are myHack installations with the correct D630 bootpacks and done according to the process detailed in EDP pages of the web site, right?

• Administrators

I'd say you have no existing Mac or Hack to create your OS X installer and you would be using a distro, right? There's always the virtual machine route, but it's often problematic. Why don't you follow what was just suggested to 'osxuser' in today's other thread on the same matter? He succeeded...