Strange happenings after EDP

ssprod

Greetings..

:?  Weirdest thing.. doing my spring re-install on my D630 Nvidia (maybe the sun will come out!). Installation via MyHack is successful.. run EDP and default configuration for my machine...  after reboot, i get "can't find... press any key to continue". I checked the drive in my desktop hackintosh and mach kernel is present. Can't even boot to the drive from my MyHack USB. I get the same message.  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

• Administrators

That'll be a cache issue. Try and boot with -f flag, then re-run myFix (quick) to rebuild your cache; alternatively, use Terminal command sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel.

Tried both suggestions, unsuccessful boot once again. Tried booting with USB MyHack installer and performed quick MyFix, same results. May this have anything to do with the fact that i've partitioned half of my drive to ExFat? Thanks!

• Administrators

Assuming the kernel file is indeed present at root level and Ok, how about if you actually manually specify the kernel using "mach_kernel" or "mach_kernel -f -v" ? You may have an incorrect or corrupt kernel reference in your Chameleon boot plist, in which case the manual statement will overwrite it.

Thanks for checking in  guys... did a complete re-install via MyHack 10.9.2, used the boot loader as the Extra folder. Everything went fine through the install... at the desktop I download EDP, run D630 Nvidia Configuration complete. Reboot and once again, upon launching Mavericks.. the script "Can't find ..(there's some other script but it comes up and shuts off so quick I can't make it out)...followed by "press any key". Tried with "-f" and I get "Mach 0 file has bad magic number" Tried with mach_kernel -f -v to no avail. What the heck am I doing wrong? thanks again!