IdeaPad Y510P - Cannot change brightness

Clamibot

alright, so I have a very interesting problem. I've gotten everything to work, EXCEPT I cannot change the brightness of the screen. This is a massive waste of battery power because the screen is stuck at max brightness while using Mavericks. Anyone have a solution that will allow me to change the screen brightness?

If it helps, here are my system specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P

Intel I7-4700MQ

Intel HD4600 integrated graphics

2x GT755m 2gb (not yet working for hackintosh)

Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Elan Touchpad

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (this obviously won't work, I have to change this really soon)

• Like 1

• Administrators

you can try extracting your dsdt with maciasl app and applying this simple PNLF patch

#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 10)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Ah ah, my DSDT was hidden, that's why I couldn't find it at first. Thank you very much! You were a big help!

There's just one more problem, my DSDT is so screwed up (chuck full of errors) that it causes the system to experience a kernel panic when I place it in the Extra folder.

• Moderators

Ah ah, my DSDT was hidden, that's why I couldn't find it at first. Thank you very much! You were a big help!

There's just one more problem, my DSDT is so screwed up (chuck full of errors) that it causes the system to experience a kernel panic when I place it in the Extra folder.

boot without the DSDT, launch maciasl and export a clean DSDT. Attach it here and someone might be able to help you patch it.

alright, so I have a very interesting problem. I've gotten everything to work, EXCEPT I cannot change the brightness of the screen. This is a massive waste of battery power because the screen is stuck at max brightness while using Mavericks. Anyone have a solution that will allow me to change the screen brightness?

If it helps, here are my system specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P

Intel I7-4700MQ

Intel HD4600 integrated graphics

2x GT755m 2gb (not yet working for hackintosh)

Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Elan Touchpad

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (this obviously won't work, I have to change this really soon)

Hi,

Can you tell me what method did you use to get osx installed. I have been trying for a month now with no luck. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

Hi,

Can you tell me what method did you use to get osx installed. I have been trying for a month now with no luck. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

What's your hardware specs?