Dell Precision 670 - Paxville - BIOS A07 - GT210 black screen (ML & M)

vanguart

Hi, i am trying to install ML 10.8 using Bronya Mach_Kernel all ok.

but i am getting black screen on the desk  start (install ).

i am using Hervé boot pack,

my dell 670 is the same , the only difference is the GT210 (Video card).

i got luck on SL with Hervé boot pack , no black screen .

just tried Mavericks, all ok booting, but black screen again in desk start (install).

please help me.

thx

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I guess you meant nVidia GeForce G210, not GT210.

Bear in mind that the DSDT I posted has been patched to inject nVidia GeForce 9800GT details. As such, I'd recommend you remove that particular patch since you have a G210, a card that normally works OOB in SL, L, ML and Mav (well, it was when I tested one). The patch is fully documented in the guide, so it is very easy to remove. Copy the DSDT to your OS X desktop, decompile it with Chameleon Wizard (or DSDTEditor or other), open the .dsl source file in TextEditor (or any other text or DSDT editor), remove the Device (GFX0) section, save the .dsl file and recompile it with Chameleon Wizard (or DSDTEditor or other).

You can verify this likely graphics card injection issue by booting with Chameleon options & flags DSDT=Null -f -v PciRoot=4 and check which nVidia card is detected and which nVidia kexts are loaded, then see if OS X properly switches to desktop. Expect to experience CMOS reset/BIOS settings reset on subsequent reboot (the DSDT was patched to take care of that so that the RTC kext is avoided).

Please note that you would not normally require the NVEnabler64 kext either, so remove it if you kept it in /Extra/Extensions.

If you want to try and patch the DSDT for the G210, please follow the process outlined in post #6 of the guide.

For Mavericks, I assume you've noticed the limitations mentioned in the guide too (i.e. 10.9.1 at the moment). Note that 10.9.2/10.9.3 is work in progress at the moment.

I think is GT210

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-557322736-placa-video-geforce-asus-gt210-1gb-ddr3-hdmi-hd-htpc-gt-210-_JM#redirectedFromParent

the link above is the video card  that i  bought.

would you please make a ML Pack for me , with right DSDT (video card) ,

My Dell 670 presicion is exactly like yours, the only difference is the video card.

thx for your great support

Just tried decompile DSDT

removed the Device (GFX0) section.

no results, , black screen in the end of booting.

just tried options & flags DSDT=Null -f -v PciRoot=4.

if i try Mavericks 10.9.1 i am getting FAKE SMC error uisng your Boot pack. and black screen in the end of booting.

• Administrators

Did you remove the NVEnabler64 kext from /E/E as recommended? Run myFix (quick) afterwards and reboot.

I never mentioned it but do check that GraphicsEnabler is enabled too (boot option GraphicsEnabler=Yes). Mind you, if it is and still giving you black screen, I suppose you could boot with additional option GraphicsEnabler=No...

Did you remove the NVEnabler64 kext from /E/E as recommended? Run myFix (quick) afterwards and reboot.

I never mentioned it but do check that GraphicsEnabler is enabled too (boot option GraphicsEnabler=Yes). Mind you, if it is and still giving you black screen, I suppose you could boot with additional option GraphicsEnabler=No...

Yes i did removed the NV64 kext.

Just did the myFix too (quick).

Yes boot option is GraphicsEnabler=Yes

i will try booting GraphicsEnabler=No