Dell Inspiron 1318 ML 10.8.5

usmalu

My system is a Dell Inspiron 1318 and the specs;

Intel core 2 duo T5800

4gb memory

Intel GMA 965 aka x3100 video

I read the X3100 QE/CI installation guide posted by both "Herve" posted and the macrumours.  

I installed ML 10.8.5 (downloaded from the app store) on a Dell Inspiron 1318  laptop.  Here are the steps that I used;

1.  Downloaded 10.8.5 from the app store.

2.  Created the installer using MyHack 3.3.1 with Dell Latitude D830 (Intel and Nvidia video) bootpack for ML

The installation was fine.  The following problems;

1.  The video output is 1024 x 768

2.  NO  wifi or Audio.  But I got the wifi working.

3.  When Shutdown, it doesn't completely turn off, but the battery still discharge and the laptop get hot.

I do have some questions if someone can help.  

1.  How can I install the kexts of a D830 using the latest EDP package?  Because of I don't see the icons on the EDP model      specific build page, highlighted.  I believe the computer automatically finds the specific parts and driver. 

2.  Can I use a mix of D830 kexts and x3100 kexts for video?

3.  Why the battery did not shut down the pc?  any way around to fix it?

4.  Is there a stable version of Dell OSX latitude that I can use either with Lion or ML with my computer?

Thanks a lot.  :)

• Administrators

1st of all, you would need to post the full specs of your system.

2ndly, the D830 pack may not suit your system, most specifically because a DSDT table is by nature very model specific.

You can refer to the D Series X3100-based ML with full QE/CI guides to try and make your own ML installation with full graphics installation. But you would really need to adapt any kext pack you grabbed from an existing D model...

DELL INSPIRON 1318  

CPU:  Intel core 2 duo T7250 (id 06fd)

Ram:  4GB

gpu:  Intel GMA x3100 (Intel crestline Graphics 1566 mb resolution 1280 x 800)

BIOS: A01

Dell Inspiron stopped booting after installing D830 EDP package.  So I reformatted the hdd and installed OS X Lion with Dell latitude D630.  Installation was a little tricky at first.  It won't pass the boot screen.  So I unplugged the power supply and removed the battery left for a few minutes and started again.  This time just the boot flags -v and -x.  And the installation was successful.

I haven't installed any EDP packages yet.  The following issues;

1.  Sometimes the processor in the "about this mac" shows intel core 2 duo     with 1.2 ghz.  (reboot it and it shows the correct 2.00 ghz.)

2.  No updates to Mavericks are eligible for this match because it is     recognized as a 2007 Mac model. But combo update is available.  

Should I try to install the EDP package, mainly the chameleon bootloader and dsdt of Dell D630?

With the Lion install, I am getting full QE/CI, I guess.  May be an illusion, but the youtube plays without any problem.  

Should I install chameleon bootloader?

Use D630 dsdt or a generic one?

Is there a generic DSDT out there?

Should I install the combo update?

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

• Administrators

x3100 in lion on 32bit arch should have accel. any os past that will not support x3100 graphics so a goal of maverick is un obtainable there is no support coded into them for it as they are 64 bit os's after lion.

• Like 1

x3100 in lion on 32bit arch should have accel. any os past that will not support x3100 graphics so a goal of maverick is un obtainable there is no support coded into them for it as they are 64 bit os's after lion.

1st of all, you would need to post the full specs of your system.

2ndly, the D830 pack may not suit your system, most specifically because a DSDT table is by nature very model specific.

You can refer to the D Series X3100-based ML with full QE/CI guides to try and make your own ML installation with full graphics installation. But you would really need to adapt any kext pack you grabbed from an existing D model...

Thank you and Herve for valuable input.  I am going to try two things;

1.  DSDT free installation from multifail, so that I can install the definition to Macbook 2008 model.
2.  Chameleon bootloader.

I think, even though I used the myhack way, I still can use multifail to install other kexts and bootloaders, right?  

Thanks for help.

I do have another problem after installing windows 7 sp1.  As you can see in the attached picture, it only shows one boot screen, that is "OSXLatitude".  Windows boot screen is not there at all.  I used windows 7 boot USB stick to activate the windows partition and windows load.  I have a Dell Latitude D430 with dual boot and it has only three partitions.  One for the Mac OS X, second one is the reserved and the third is the windows partition.  But in the screenshot, it has 4 partitions.  I don't understand why.  Should I delete the first partition?  

Partition 1  -- Don't know what it is.

Partition 2  -- Mac Lion 10.7

Partition 3  -- System Reserved (Windows)

Partition 4  -- Windows OS

Please help me.  Thanks.

rat5sj.jpg

2d9v12x.jpg

those partitions are normal. the first one is usually reserved for EFI, and the third one is a boundary partition. have you hit the space bar when you get to that screen you posted?

Thanks.  I tried with the space bar as well as with all other keys.  The result is the same.  I am suspecting if it has something to do with updating windows 7 to SP1.