Dell D620 w/ DW1390 Wi-Fi card and boot issues

Dollars

Hello All,

I'm a newbie here and I was looking for a little help I have Dell D620 w/  DW 1390 Wi-Fi card.

I .  I was able to install my bought copy of OSX 10.6.3 on the laptop by booting from D620 SLV .iso  but my Wi-Fi card isn't working nor is the Ethernet port . So I'm not able to install the EPD pkg.

2. I have installed the Darwin/X86 boot v5.0.132 chameleon v2.2svn r2377 to help with the boot up but after I restart and hit -v it will crash . the only way for me to get back to the Mac screen is to boot from the D620 SLV.iso.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance Mike

Dell D620

HD: 120 GB

Memory : 4GB

Video Controller : Intel 945GM Graphic's

Video Bios : 1343

Native Resolution: 1440 x 900

Audio : Sigmatel 9200

Wi-Fi : Dell Wireless DW 1390 Broadcom

Bluetooth : none

Cellular : none

Modem : Conexant

• Administrators

That old ISO should be considered totally obsolete these days. If you have no means to create a myHack installer, then download and burn Nawcom's ModCD and boot your bought copy of 10.6.3. That should get you there to start with.

DW1390 works natively, so you should have no problem whatsoever with that wireless card. If you have no Ethernet, then download the appropriate bootpack on a USB key from a Windows PC, then copy from that USB key to your Hackintoshed D620 to get whatever might be missing (DSDT, plists, kexts).

If you can only boot with the old ISO, you can still subsequently make a myHack USB installer by separately downloading myHack + the D620 bootpack on a USB key; you'll just have to run myHack using the bootpack and your bought 10.6.3 media.