Install Mavericks on Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with nVidia graphics

camellion

Lenovo T410 with NVIDIA NVS 3100

Special thanks to Jake Lo. He gives the draft for this guide.

Specs:

BIOS 1.45 (no Whitelist) | i5-520M 2.4Ghz| 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA NVS 3100, 1280x800 | Atheros AR 9280 | Mavericks 10.9.4

Prepair the Notebook:

Load this: T410 Extras

Flash Bios with moded BIOS ROM while WINDOWS working on that machine.

BIOS settings:

Set all to default.

Then set Security-> Memory Protection-> Execution Prevention: Enabled

Security-> Security Chip-> Security Chip: Disabled

Config-> Serial ATA (SATA) -> Sata Controller Mode option: AHCI

Let's get started...

I use the myhack method for this build, so follow instructions to build your USB installer from here http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

Installing OSX:

1. After creating your USB installer, run myHack again
  2. Select Install Extra and point to the Extra folder attached (extract it first)
    Boot up system with USB installer disk (if not work type "-f -v" before enter install disk).You'll see a white, then a gray screen with cursor only, just wait.
  3. Eventually you get to the screen to select Language

4. Format the HDD per instruction from myHack site

5. Select "Use my Own" when prompt and point to the Extra folder in the root of the USB installer drive

6. Delete the (3) files when prompt

7. A few minutes later, it will automatically reboot. Remove the USB installer drive

8. Complete the post install

What's working:

Full QE/CI

Keyboard, trackpad and trackball (multitouch three finger swipe) (the keyboard layout of thinkpad is different to mac keyboard, so I advise you to exchange the function of option and command at system preferences - special keys)

Audio

Sleep and Wake with Lid

Wifi - replaced Intel Card with Atheros AR 9280

Webcam

Microphone

Shut down

Brightness control

Bluetooth (integrated bt doughtercard)

Facetime

App Store (sometimes its required to buy something in itunes to authenticate the computer)

Finger print reader

iMessage (with NVRAM fix, own generated Serial and a call to iMessage support)

WWAN (Ericsson F3507g/ Dell Wireless 5530)

VGA Out(Mirroring and extended Desktop)

What's not working:

SD card reader

Not yet tested but should still work:

HDMI, Display Port, ExpressCard

• Moderators

Did you get QE/CI with NVS 3100? 
If so, you don't need AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB. It's only for the 1st Gen. GMA5700. The DSDT from my boot pack is tweaked for the Intel Display so obviously you'll have some issue. 
Joshhh from IM has DSDT for the Nvidia models here. See if it'll work better for you.

Thank you so much for the step by step guide to install Mavericks on my T410!  I have updated my BIOS, replaced the wifi card, and all seems well. 

The one thing I miss is the multi touch gestures on the trackpad.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I was searching around online and found the T410 does support multi touch gestures with the original drivers. 

I also found something called Better Touch Tool which is said to improve the multi touch support on apple machines.  I installed Better Touch Tool, and that software displays a message that says 'No multitouch capable trackpad found'.

If there is any way to enable multi touch support, I would love to try it.  I'm also open to replacing the actual trackpad hardware if possible.

Any and all help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the step by step guide to install Mavericks on my T410!  I have updated my BIOS, replaced the wifi card, and all seems well. 

The one thing I miss is the multi touch gestures on the trackpad.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I was searching around online and found the T410 does support multi touch gestures with the original drivers.

You can find in the Package a folder named Patchs. There is an explanation about configuring the multitouch gestures. Two fingerscroll is enabled, three finger swipe can be configured and pinch to zoom doesnt work with that touchpad.