Wifi issue! Mavericks on a Dell Latitude E6410

pauloedu

Hello everyone, I have a Dell Latitude E6410 (specs in the signature) and I run on it OS X Mavericks 10.9.3. 

It's fantastic, I have audio, ethernet, video, turn on and off without a boot cd or USB.. everything works except wifi :-( .

The card It was a Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 and i change it to a Broadcom BCM43224 (I took from another Latitude E6410) and I can't find a kext for it. 

Somebody have a solution? I was talking with a forum user (patel4prez) who made a mavericks tutorial for the Latitude E6410 but with another wifi card and he gave me some tips and nothing works :-(  (except an wifi injects pkg, what is my last hope).

Well, I hope someone can help me, I just need the wifi to get a 99% working hackintosh (still didn't tried Sleep function)

Sorry for my bad english!  ^_^

• Moderators

Hello everyone, I have a Dell Latitude E6410 (specs in the signature) and I run on it OS X Mavericks 10.9.3. 

It's fantastic, I have audio, ethernet, video, turn on and off without a boot cd or USB.. everything works except wifi :-( .

The card It was a Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 and i change it to a Broadcom BCM43224 (I took from another Latitude E6410) and I can't find a kext for it. 

Somebody have a solution? I was talking with a forum user (patel4prez) who made a mavericks tutorial for the Latitude E6410 but with another wifi card and he gave me some tips and nothing works :-(  (except an wifi injects pkg, what is my last hope).

Well, I hope someone can help me, I just need the wifi to get a 99% working hackintosh (still didn't tried Sleep function)

Sorry for my bad english!  ^_^

If you have check our R,D&P, under Wifi/Boothtooth, you find that this card is not supported.

Unsupported:

Vendor  Model         Format        Ven-Dev id   Chip        Rate      SL ML Mav Yos OOB   Kext

Atheros  AR5B125         Half Mini PCIe    168c-0032    AR9485          B/G/N     N  N  N   N       N     DW1703 based on this

Atheros  AR5B225         Half Mini PCIe    168c-0037    AR9485          B/G/N     N  N  N   N       N     -

Atheros  AR5B22          Mini PCIe         168c-0034    AR9462        A/B/G/N     ?  ?  N   N       N     -

D-Link   DWL-G510 Rev.C  PCI               1814-0302    Ralink RT61     B/G       N  N  N   N       N     -

Dell     DW1501          Half Mini PCIe    14e4-4727    BCM4313       A/B/G/N     N  N  N   N       N     -

Dell     DW1503          Half Mini PCIe    14e4-4727    BCM4313       A/B/G/N     N  N  N   N       N     -

Dell     DW1520          Half Mini PCIe    14e4-4353    BCM43224      A/B/G/N     N  N  N   N       N     -

It should work without modification, however you may not be able to connect to any secure wireless networks (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc...) until you do this:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6166-temporary-wifi-fix-for-broadcom-43xx-series-cards-for-109-mavericks/?hl=airportd

Well, it doesn't work. I just have ethernet connection. Do you have any idea if it works on Mountain Lion? I have a copy of this version of OS X.

Did you read the whole thread? Pokenguyen managed to get his card (Same as yours) working but he had to remove the native IO80211.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and replace it with this one:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/549-bcm4312-wifi-fully-working-10-8-2/?st=10

That kext should also work in 10.9. Then you'll have to download the zip from here: 

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6166-temporary-wifi-fix-for-broadcom-43xx-series-cards-for-109-mavericks/?hl=airportd

And replace the airportd file in /usr/libexec with the one in the zip. Be sure to back the original files up in case you screw up.

Keep in mind that you will have to replace those items EVERY time you update OS X.

Did you read the whole thread? Pokenguyen managed to get his card (Same as yours) working but he had to remove the native IO80211.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and replace it with this one:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/549-bcm4312-wifi-fully-working-10-8-2/?st=10

That kext should also work in 10.9. Then you'll have to download the zip from here: 

And replace the airportd file in /usr/libexec with the one in the zip. Be sure to back the original files up in case you screw up.

Keep in mind that you will have to replace those items EVERY time you update OS X.

Sorry for that, I didn't read the whole thread. 

I'm at work right now so when I come back home I'll try this! If doesn't work.. I probably come back to Mountain Lion or Windows 8.1  :(  :unsure:

Just a question, I have to update those files everytime I update the OS X or everytime I boot up the system?

Edited by pauloedu

• Administrators

If you place the patched kext in /E/E of a myHack installation, you don't have to do anything after OS X updates! It supersedes the vanilla kext in /S/L/E so you never have to worry about it.

Pokenguyen tends to run Clover-based installations and those run differently than myHack.

If you place the patched kext in /E/E of a myHack installation, you don't have to do anything after OS X updates! It supersedes the vanilla kext in /S/L/E so you never have to worry about it.

Pokenguyen tends to run Clover-based installations and those run differently than myHack.

I installed my Mavericks with myHack but I just found this solution now! Is there a problem? Can I just follow the tutorial?

I think 10.9.4 will be last update for Mavericks.. so make this proceeding again will not be a problem.