Dell Precision M65

BillyPrefect

My Dell Precision is running OSx 10.7.1 - with no issues at all. Great screen, haven't bothered with sleep at this point, but everything else is purring nicely! It think's it's a MacBookPro 3,1 - both cores running usually around 4 to 7%, and seems nice and fast (although I haven't checked for core speed at this point).

My Problem:

The built-in bluetooth is working, and will connect to my Magic Mouse - FOR 3 MINUTES AT A TIME! At the 3 minute mark it disconnects for about 8 seconds, then reconnects by itself. There is a trace in system processes, and I can see it crash, follow the services that are crapping out, then it auto reconnects.

Sep 1 17:26:16 Bill-Cardiffs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.

Sep 1 17:26:16 Bill-Cardiffs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE000404F.

Sep 1 17:26:16 Bill-Cardiffs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed

Sep 1 17:26:16 Bill-Cardiffs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000

Sep 1 17:26:16 Bill-Cardiffs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [0fe2ac80][AppleMultitouchDevice::willTerminate] entered

Sep 1 17:26:16 Bill-Cardiffs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [0fe2ac80][AppleMultitouchDevice::stop] entered

Over and over... everything about 3 minutes.

Any thoughts? Is there a Bluetooth kext that would work better than the auto loaded one? Help please!

• Administrators

i get the same in my kernel log about the dell 350. i think the problem is that it's not registered as native.... if it was you would be able to turn it off from the prefpane. the id most likely needs to be patched into a plist for bluetooth some where or bin patched into the kext or powermanegment has to be turned off on it so it stays on. but that's my theory. my issue is with bluetooth headphones, same outcome keeps cycling or errors out on adp.

FYI - I ordered and received a 360 module for my Dell. I haven't disconnected yet, however the machine squawks and beeps like mad when powering it up. I also now have a blue light on my console panel on the front of my laptop which is sweet!

Under advanced I still have the wake up greyed out so that's not an option, however I've been online for over 5 minutes without disconnecting once!! Very happy now!

I recommend this module over the 350 as far as Dell devices and Hackintosh's are concerned.

It's working fantastic for me. Turns out (I think) the initial squawking and beeping was due to the BIOS trying to see what it had and attempting to get me to go in and adjust stuff. This was being over run by the altered startup apple logo BIOS screen - so it was just throwing a tantrum of sorts.

I have rebooted since to see, and all is well and good. No beeping/squawking, disconnects, no process errors, and my M65 is one step closer to being just awesome!

post-1748-036216200 1315424036_thumb.jpg

I have a D630 with the 360 bluetooth, running Lion but bluetooth does not detect nor pair. The "bluetooth on" option is grayed out in the menu, though the system reports the presence of the hardware:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.5.0f17

Hardware Settings:

Address: 00-1a-6b-e7-6e-c5

Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio

Name: Latitude D630

Firmware Version: 4870

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Yes

Vendor ID: 0

Product ID: 0x7fff

HCI Version: 4 (0x4)

HCI Revision: 4870 (0x1306)

LMP Version: 4 (0x4)

LMP Subversion: 4870 (0x1306)

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Mac Portable

Composite Class Of Device: 3801356 (0x3a010c)

Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)

Device Class (Minor): 3 (0x3)

Service Class: 464 (0x1d0)

Peer to Peer Supported: Yes

Services:

Bluetooth File Transfer:

Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public

Requires Authentication: Yes

State: Enabled

Bluetooth File Exchange:

Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads

Requires Authentication: No

When other items are accepted: Ask

When PIM items are accepted: Ask

When receiving items: Prompt for each file

State: Enabled

Incoming Serial Ports:

Bluetooth-PDA-Sync:

RFCOMM Channel: 3

Outgoing Serial Ports:

Bluetooth-Modem:

Address:

RFCOMM Channel: 0

And keep on getting these error messages:

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][sendHCIRequest] sending DeviceRequest returns e0004057

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][sendHCIRequest] sending DeviceRequest returns e00002d6

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

Any thoughts? Is there a Bluetooth kext that would work better than the auto loaded one? Help please! Thank!

sometimes they have to be activated in windows by installing the latest firmware for them to then work on vista or seven not xp.

Amazing -- finally tried with 7, and then voila!

Thanks, Bronxteck!

There isn't any option for turning the bluetooth off (so it's always on). Not that this is any major issue, but it would be nice to be able to shut it down to conserve power. Anyone with better experience? Thanks!