Complete Guide to Install mavericks on my dell 3521 i3?

light

NOTE:Modetor/Admin feel free to move this post if it is on wrong place.Thanks 

Hello everyone,i am trying to install mavericks on my dell 3521 but so far no success at all.i have searched many places for the guide but no good results.so can any of you who have the same laptop as mine please help... someone said i needed the patched dsdt and ssdt but i am complete noob i tried but failed on virtualbox.please help me how to install + need to change my wiif card any cheap card suggestions.

OVERVIEW 

Series Inspiron 15 

Model Number 3521 

PROCESSOR 

Processor Name Core i3 (3rd Generation) 

Variant 3217U 

Chipset Mobile HM76 Express 

Clock Speed 1.8 Ghz 

Cache Memory 3 MB 

DISPLAY 

Screen Size 15.6 inch 

Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel 

Screen Type HD LED Display with True Life 

STORAGE 

Hard Disk Capacity 500 GB 

Hardware Interface SATA 

RPM 5400 

MEMORY 

RAM 4 GB DDR3 

Expandable Memory Upto 8 GB 

Memory Slots 2 (Unused Slot - 0) 

GRAPHICS 

Graphic Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 

hoping to get help from the biggest hackintosh community

PS:i have dsdt.dsl + dsdt.aml in attachment which  i got from ubuntu following a guide...what do i do with this????

thanks in ad.

DSDT.zip

• Administrators

try with my hack generic extra with mavericks. and try booting with the chameleon flags -v IntelCapriFB=3 if that does not get the graphics going try a different number starting from 0-11 hopefully that can get you started.

try with my hack generic extra with mavericks. and try booting with the chameleon flags -v IntelCapriFB=3 if that does not get the graphics going try a different number starting from 0-11 hopefully that can get you started.

Hi man i have successfully installed mavericks but the sound,brightness,wired ethernet + sleep wake is not working also my wifi card is not supported i am plannning to replace my card with 1/2-size DW1510.

thanks 

• Administrators

for sound try voodoohda 2.8.4 or 2.8.5,  for ethernet if you used generic myhack you can run lspci -nn command in terminal for a list of your devices then find a suitable kext for it.. if wifi is intel then it needs to be replaced. for brightness you might need pnlf device added to dsdt. but chameleon also has a flag for backlight you can try. use chameleon wizard app if you need to make any customization to your smbios or boot plist. 

Thanks for speedy reply...as i donthave ethernet so i have to boot to windows ..i will try voodohda(mine is intel HD audio-some  say patching dsdt would solve it) + i will also search for ethernet kext but how do i patch my dsdt for sleep/wake/brightness/other dsdt feature and also i have to always boot my mavericks with chameleon usb (i have a dual boot mavericks and windows 8.1)it always boots to windows 8.1 no selecting option + while booting i show boot0:done and boots windows 8.1

PS if you can(only if u want to) help me please edit my dsdt  i have uploaded my dsdt at top of this post...Please i am noob at patching.. 

PPS:my audio is working now with voodooHDA 2.8.4 thanks

Try this DSDT. It should fix brightness, brightness keys, and maybe sleep. All I did was apply the rename GFX0 to IGPU and apply the brightness fix to your stock DSDT If this doesn't fix sleep, I'll inject your IMEI info into GFX0/IGPU and that should fix it.

Place it in /Extra and reboot. If, by some chance, it causes a kernel panic or causes your system to stop booting to Mavericks, at the Chameleon prompt, the following flag will drop that DSDT: DSDT=0. This will at least let you boot without a DSDT and get back into Mavericks. 

DSDT.zip