D630 Intel - Mountain Lion install crawling

muranb

After some time and some success with Lion on my D630 I've decided to give ML a go.

I'm running an Intel model, have created the MyHack installer and am at the installation stage.

I've selected the media to install to and the install is progressing as I type but VERY slowly.

Each minute on the countdown is taking more like 10 mins so you can imagine the overall install time and at the end of if I'm not hopeful for a good install.

Before getting to this stage I had all sorta of issues as reported by others, failure to boot, slow mouse etc. now I've passed that I don't want to give up but this is driving me insane - especially as this is only a test and I'll have to do it all again after :(

I followed the MyHack guide to created the installer and coped the Extra folder from the following post (Low res) and ran MyFix after replacing the existing Extra folder.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2464-dell-latitude-d630-intel-gma-x3100-ml-with-full-qeci/

What have I done wrong please?

Thanks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Check your BIOS parameters and configure them as per recommended settings. It could be that you're not running with SpeedStep enabled, in which case CPU runs only at slowest possible speed (e.g.: 600MHz on a Merom T7xxx or Penryn T9xxx CPU).

Thanks, speedstep is definitely enabled. First thing I did was went through all my BIOS settings according to this post:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1868-bios-settings-d630/

My latest problem prior to MLPF is that my Wi-Fi has suddenly stopped working after partitioning my drive to accommodate the install. Guessing I need to run my MyFix now?

Edit: nope, no amount of replacing kext, running MyFix was going to sort that :(

Reinstalling from scratch and still damn slow. 21 mins down to 19 mins in first few secs then is it slows. Will be a good hour or two now!

Yep, done that. Had it working this morning. Repartitioned the drive to prep for phase two of the install and lost wifi. Repeated all previous steps but no go.

Now reinstalling for a third time and if this doesn't work, patience gone I'm afraid :-(