D630 Intel - Mountain Lion install crawling

muranb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got over the last by removing MyHack.kext from S/L/E and running MyFix Full. Back to square one after installing IO80211Family.kext though. New interface detected but will not allow me to turn on.

post-9947-14041551446669.jpg

Been on phase one of this install guide for three days now! Got phase two to go yet if I can sort this!

• Administrators

Wifi can only be off as a result of 3 actions/status:

- left-side wifi switch is in OFF position

- wifi is disabled in BIOS

- wifi was turned off through Finder's bar icon/network preference panel

Sure but all checked.

Wifi is disabled as per my screenshot but clicking to turn in on has no effect. That's my problem.

If it was the wrong kext would the device be recognised at all? Pretty sure it's not wrong though.

Edit:

Just checked all bios settings again. Set as per link earlier in thread.

Wifi switch set to on position - pushed towards back 'o'.

Wifi device shows but will. It turn on. Has no effect.

What the hell?

Just tried booting with the wifi switch in the '|' position and this is working!!

I'd have thought the position of the switch needed to be the same position it needs to be on for wifi to work under windows?

This is unreal, hours wasted yesterday and much stress because of a switch?!

Still completely confused by slow install time. Done this in the past with Lion and it never took anything like 2 hours to install!

Done three times now with ML and that's about what it's taken each time.

• Administrators

Well, I have experienced situations in the past where, when running OS X, pushing the wireless switch to OFF then pulling it back to ON would not bring wifi back. Instead I had to reboot with switch in the ON position. No such issues in Windows though, but the switch needs to be set to ON position of course!

I guess you may have a duff USB stick for installation to take that long; it is not normal.