Lenovo x201 Boot problem after EDP install

ripperr

Hello, I got Mavericks booting with no graphics issues, Bluetooth working, trackpad and keyboard working, just by using the boot pack from the forums.

But now when i try to do EDP installation and add redracer68's DSDT.aml to /E, my OSX hangs on boot after loading voodoops2trackpad.

VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Synaptics Touchpad 7.4

No interval found for . using 8000000

ConsiderRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired

IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType05::setPowerState(0x96917003a0dd70c1, 3 -> 2) timed out after 100980 ms

This is where the boot hangs after EDP Installaton. Do you have any tips to get it working, I'm quite near already :D

-Riku

Hmm, I ran myFix (complete) after manually dragging DSDT.aml to the /E folder, should i had patched the DSDT with chameleon wizard etc.?
What do you think? 
I will try -f flag when i get home from work! Hope it will work.. :)

-Riku

• Administrators

There is no need to run myFix or to do anything when you change a DSDT file. You place it in / or /E and that's where Chameleon will look for it; nothign else required. myFix really is to be used to rebuilt files permissions and rebuild cache, as well as update /S/L/E/myHack.kext with any kexts modifications (addition/removal/replacement) in /E/E.

If your system fails to boot following a DSDT file replacement, then you already know what causes the issue...

Okey, so I'll try with the DSDT.aml from the x201s bootpack and not with the redracer68 modified DSDT. Can I still get to desktop with -f boot command though my DSDT is mixed up or do I have to re-install?

-Riku

• Administrators

If you have an incompatible DSDT, try to boot without it (type boot option DSDT=No) or boot your USB installer and go to Terminal to manually copy the old DSDT back from say a USB key to your HDD. You could also place the DSDT on a USB key and load it though boot option DSDT=rd(x,y)/, where rd(x,y) is your USB key.

It is to avoid this kind of problems that DSDT experimentation should be done by manually using a non-default file name for the DSDT, so that you call it manually and can revert to the known good file in case of problems. For instance, place your patched/new/experimental DSDT in /Extra under the name 'new_dsdt.aml' or 'test_dsdt.aml' or 'dsdt2.aml' and boot with Chameleon option DSDT=...

I tried with two different DSDT files, but it still doesn't boot by normal way. It only boots with -f. What may cause the problem? And how can I fix this? I have ran myFix few times but it doesn't make any change!
I Booted now in -V and this is what causes the problem now.
VM Swap Subsystem is ON
-Riku

• Administrators

If you can boot with -f, there's no issue with your DSDT but with your kext cache -> rebuild it. If myfix does not do it for some reason, try the manual way in Terminal:

• sudo chmod -R 755 /System/library/Extensions
  • sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
  • sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

That last message you're seeing is not a problem at all.

Last login: Wed Jul  2 00:33:08 on console
Riku-MacBook-Pro:~ Riku$ sudo chmod -R 755 /System/library/Extensions
Password:
Riku-MacBook-Pro:~ Riku$ sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
Riku-MacBook-Pro:~ Riku$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext has no Info.plist file.
kext com.realtek.driver.RTL8188EU  100300009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext"
kext com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
LPCSensors.kext is not valid; omitting.
GPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
GPUSensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
FakeSMC.kext is not valid; omitting.
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DisplayMergeNub.kext"
CPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
CPUSensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext"
kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext"
kext net.osrom.kext.Disabler  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPIBatteryManager.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPIBacklight.kext"
kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA  101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID  307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3  100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4  404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC  304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors; omitting from prelinked kernel.

So this is what I get from Terminal! Hmm, I don't really understand these when it goes to the details but I do think that the problem really is in the KEXT files. 
How do I get them working?
-Riku

• Administrators

Yep, cache can't be built due to issues with kexts. You would really need to find out what kexts you had before and after the EDP build. Then I'd suggest you bypass EDP and manually add whatever is necessary.

The most worrying thing is the message:

"FakeSMC.kext is not valid. Omitting".

Can you please list all the kexts you have in your /Extra or, better, post a zipped version of your /Extra folder?